Sinister: Is this 4 real?

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Tue May 25 16:40:27 BST 1999

Just saw an article on the NME website saying that Glam Punk band, "The
Toilet Boys" had to evacuate the LA2, after having set fire to the venue
with a flame throwing guitar!!

That's pretty good isn't it. We're gonna need to get our act together as
R0olz (notice the cunning number in there, like 5ive) if we're going to
match the fantastic Kiss-esque antics of the Toilet boys.

Found a set of pictures of the WHO in full fancy-dress action here :
http://www.thewho.net/thewholive/IOW/index.html

Ailsa said :

>I await correction by Hopkins, Andy Dean, Mick McMick and lots of other
>people with bigger records collections than me :)

I doubt it Ailsa, Tim's into Reggae music like Aswad and UB40, and therefore
knows nothing of the wonders of Bagpipes in Pop. The bloke downstairs from
me at work once played the pipes for Paul McCartney on Mull of Kintyre.
Being only one of two people I know who play the bagpipes, oddly enough he's
from Australia. Stuart Adamson from Big Country does a top bagpipe
impression with his guitar solos.

There's bagpipes on "Style" by Orbital, plus on the Edinburgh pipers doing
Amazing Grace from 1970 or something, although that's a wee bit before my
time, perhaps the list old people know more than me :).

Incidentally, contrary to popular opinion, Comedy isn't the new rock and
roll, Monkeys are.

Keith.