Sinister: free blondie!!

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Tue May 25 22:42:50 BST 1999

In a post more warped than the sizing system at the Gap, Ian wrote:
<<i was a bit bored so i kidnapped sarah cracknell from saint etienne
and have
imprisoned her in my cellar. >>
As self-proclaimed founder and President of the recently established
Sarah Cracknell Appreciation Society, I CANNOT stand by and let this
happen!! NO! My crack team of bleach blonde go-go dancing hostage
negotiators are on their way, armed with feather boas, so watch out,
buster!!!
While on the subject, Saint Etienne are currently touring the US, and I
*strongly* urge anyone within cat-throwing distance to go see them,
regardless of whether you're familiar with the band or not.  A good time
is guaranteed for all.  Sarah is a total glam queen and although she's
teensy, she could probably take Isobel in a fight. Struan, too.

hi, my name is Tara, I live in San Francisco, and although i've been
quiet I've been around for quite some time.. . for about 42 rounds of
the perennial " belle and sebastian-ish/favorite books" thread, anyway.
(I've got an ancient compilation of listee recommendations, anyone
interested in a copy please contact me privately.)
Interestingly, the same books/authors seem to pop up a lot, though one I
don't remember being mentioned is "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" by
Thornton Wilder.  It's a very sad collection of tales about these lonely
people who are all destined to the same doomed fate. Something about the
way the characters in the book are described, and their approaches to
life remind me of Judy, Lisa, et al.  The rest of y'all probaby read
this book in junior high, but I was in total VC Andrews worship back
them ... <slaps wrist>  Anyway, go back, read it, enjoy, cry.

back into hibernation,
Tara
(who wants to know why a CD proclaiming itself "the best Latin music
album in the world...ever!" includes a Beck song??????)