Sinister: I didn't realise you wrote such bloody awful poetry

Paul Field Paulfie at xxx.uk
Wed May 26 09:31:54 BST 1999

Hello!

I'm after some advice from the literary crowd out there. I've been asked to
do a reading at a friends wedding, and I was hoping somebody out there in
sinisterland had any suggestions as I know more about pottery than poetry.
I'd like something a bit different to the regular wedding poems, but still
suitable. Oh, and short-ish as I'll be crapping my pants and I don't want to
be there long. If you could mail me directly and type out the poem I would
be eternally grateful. If not, an idea of where I could find it.

I believe Mr. Stevie Trousers may be able to help me here??? Where's that
parrot buggered off to now anyway? They're never there when you need them.

Whilst I'm here....Molly recommended Tom Robbins' "Another Roadside
Attraction". I definitely second this, but my favourite by him is "Still
Life With Woodpecker". It celebrates smokers and red-heads and I'm both. All
his books are great except "Half asleep in frog pajamas", which I think is
pap. And "Skinny legs and all" as I've never read it, so I don't know.

Big Stu wote:

Oh, and could the one person who has voted 12 times for Trousers please
stop now?

I promise it wasn't me in an attempt to obtain advice through flattery.

Thanks & goodbye
Paul
xx