Sinister: RE: Everything you want to know about Stars!

Kurtis, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Kurtis at xxx.com
Wed May 26 16:09:37 BST 1999

Hello again,

> Chris Leonard purred seductively:
>
> >> Stars in Their Eyes is my favourite program ever, and
> >> Mathew Kelly is a presenter virtuoso of the highest order!
>
>I think it was Chris who told me about the rules on blacking-up and
>drag (i.e. you can't do either) - perhaps Elisabeth would like to
>verify ?  Understandable I suppose, though it scuppers my plans to
>appear as Missy 'Misdemeanour' Elliot on the next series ("Beep beep
>!  Who's got da keyz to da jeep ?  Brrrrmm...").  No Lena Zavaroni
>either.  It would be only be like little Jimmy Krankie in reverse.
>And *that* counts as family entertainment.  Bah.  Double freaking
>standards.

That's right Mike -- those are the basic rules, that and no one under the
age of 14 (unless you're going to do Aaron Carter, and we have one lined up
for an audition!) No drag unless you're Boy George of course, or Divine
(though I don't think they'd have Divine...) or maybe even Dana...there are
loopholes people!

Of course these rules have caused problems over time --apparently there's a
girl who sounds exactly like Michael Jackson, and writes scathing letters
yearly cursing the policy. But without rules, how would Matthew Kelly keep
us all in line?

BTW, Chris is absolutely right, the fellow who did Neil Finn the other week
was a dead ringer for Stephen Pastel, except he strummed his guitar in time
to the music.

>Off to practise my "Climate of Hunter"-era Scott.

Please do, we're dying for a good Scott Walker!! Only it would have to be
'The sun ain't gonna shine anymore' and not any of his "difficult" solo
stuff... ;)

Elisabeth

p.s. See some of you in Glasgow this Friday night, I think?