Sinister: Pet Sounds and 70's poo

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Wed May 26 15:26:52 BST 1999

Hello again.

Yes my, my what a lovely day for a daydream and things.

I'd been doing a very good job recently of forgetting any education I have
had, luckily being ignorant comes so naturally, until these continual
mentions of 70's Who. As I remembered a music technology course I did as
part of my degree. One of the assessments was to listen to 3 songs and
analyse what was going on in "the mix" e.g either those are bagpipes
fortunately low in the mix or someone's trodden on next door's cat Ploppy
(just another pet name suggestion). The first song came in and was kickass
punky R n B regular Who which we all know and love. Then the next song came
on and it was still the Who, but definitely not one you'd want to marry
your sister or anything. I guess that that was 70's Who. Then it got worse
and this Prog rock nonsense came on and I started thinking oh my god what
did the Who do, and wishing they'd all died before they got old and stuff.
Then I found out it was actually Rush. It was an easy mistake to make though.

I'm glad I'm amongst such famous writers on this list and do not feel
belittled to write my crap in their company. In fact if their not posting
they're probably reading our posts to be inspired to write their next
literary masterpiece - so far it's influence has only really reached the
heights of Jackie's problem page or was "Debbie Does Dallas" based on a novel?

Oh another pet name: fellatio. Works best for animals you have to call in
the park "Come here fellatio", "Come on boy"... sorry it must be the weather

Te ra,

Martin

dictionary.com didn't have a quote for fellatio. Sorry.