Sinister: The Ballad of Mashy and Tashy

Iain McGilp u02nim at xxx.uk
Wed May 26 20:52:00 BST 1999

Hey, hey, hey,
All this talk about pets, especially fish has to stop.
Its making me maudlin, as it reminds me of my two
long-lost goldfish, Mashy and Tashy (no laughing!), who
met a most untimely and horrendous end.
I sat on them. I'd rather not say anything else, as my
eyes are misting up as we speak.
Apologies to anyone in Dundee, but Seymour Stein is a
jammy bastard if he hasn't yet been there. Even
Dundonians concur that its the shittiest place in the
world, with the exception of my home town Hamilton,
which is generally viewed with abject terror by most
outsiders (Fact: Hamilton was the first place in
Britain to have the curfew imposed for under 16s. Now
that's something to be proud of), Montrose, a grim
former fishing port that is caught somewhere in the
mid-sixties (you know the town in "Heartbeat"? Its
like that, only with more neds. And a fishy odour),
and Arbroath, half way between Dundee and Montrose
(that's bad), which is like Dundee's scabbiest estate
dropped on the grimmest part of the North Sea coast,
with the added bonus of even more neds, a huge
percentage of jakies per capita and a large military
base nearby, hereby guarunteeing you a good kicking
every night. For the rest of your life. (An example of
Arbroath/Montrose patter: 2 minutes before suffering a
massive heart attack former Arbroath F.C. and
Montrose F.C. (now officially the worst footie team in
Scotland. Congratulations to everyone involved.)
gaffer Tommy Campbell was heard to announce: "Fuck me
wi'a shovel, I feel pish!").
I got no more to say.
Iain McG.
Iain McGilp