Sinister: Slightly Anal About 80s Pop

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Wed May 26 17:14:06 BST 1999

The above is the rather succinct description from Ms Ailsa Ross, of this
parish, for our (mine and hers, not all 1100 of us) mutual regard for the
chart music of that period, it will now adorn my auto-signature...

I'm feeling a bit more chipper than yesterday, mainly as I have been
nominated (and accepted) for the list crush list, and have received two
votes (hurrah!!)

weejay mentioned Simon Parkin.  I knew him when he had nowt.  To refresh
your collective memory SP was a Childrens BBC presenter of the early
nineties with very very ginger hair (which, if memories serves, was rather
bouffant) and I'm sure is still kicking around on some cable channel.  Well,
before he reached these heady heights of stardom he was a presenter on our
local commercial radio station doing the 'homework' slot, and the mention of
him brought back fond memories of spending hours and hours working out a
revision timetable and then about 10 minutes actually revising.  I also knew
Tony Blair when he had nowt, but that's another story.

Loads of people mentioned Stars in their Arse, which was rather bizzare, as
I was sitting watching it the other night (having lit the candles and said
prayers to the bearded god of Kelly) and I turned to Mrs CarsmileSteve and
said that I should go on as Struan because if I could get past the first
stage (not realising that we had an insider, nudge nudge wink wink), winning
the phone vote would be a piece of piss (if you know what I mean).

My only contribution to the bad cheese puns is 'Slow Caerphilly' wich is
particularly rubbish as Caerphilly sounds nothing like Graffitti.  Ooh I
know, what about 'I Know Where the Summer Gorganzola', hmm, not really much
better.

Just to clear one thing up, I'm not Steve Hewitt, drummer from Placebo,
although my mate knows him.  Neither am I any relation to James Hewitt
(Di-shagger).

Thats all for now
xoxo
CarsmileSteve