Sinister: Dead Ringers & CO lumbus

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Wed May 26 20:31:54 BST 1999

Hi,
	I sent part of this yesterday from a school terminal. Silly me, I
forgot that the terminal used a slightly different address, so it didn't
go through. So er, it's attached at the end of this mail.
	A couple things before that...if you're going to name your fish Truck
Turner or Shaft, why not Blackula?  Our fish, as a rule, never had
names. I think it was because Ick got them faster than we would have
been able to give them names. I never stuck any of them up nose, ears,
or anywhere else, though.
	Marie Elia was talking about record stores in Columbus. The store where
you found the Gentle Waves CD is actually called Magnolia Thunderpussy.
My friend was just telling me of the selection of Joy Division shirts to
be had there. Also, Used Kids was once a bevy of treasured P!O!P!
platters, but the aforementioned friend raids it daily. Still, he misses
things, and I don't think he likes post-rock, so there you go. His new
favorite record store is in Detroit, though, so you'd have to fight him
about Used Kids being the best store anywhere.
	Speaking of which, we went to see St. Etienne there last night. So
Jessica's not the only one, though maybe the only one in Toronto. It was
fun, but I got back at 4:30 AM.
	Oh, and one last thing. Warm Dr. Pepper is one of the foulest
substances known to man or beast. Cold Dr. Pepper is good, but I have to
draw the line someone. Right there. See?

	Alright, here's that old e-mail I wrote yesterday...(I think)

> Hello All,
>         Apologies for my being unable to quote people or to have a
> signature, but I'm using a uni terminal and all it's got is Pine. Do you
> know what PINE stands for? P.ine I.s N.ot E.lm. Elm, being another, even
> less appealing mail program. Or so I've heard, anyway. While we're on the
> subject of acronyms, don't believe anyone who tells you KMFDM stands for
> Kill MotherFucking Depeche Mode. It actually means "No Putty for the
> Majority" in German. Or was it Pity? Idunno, but putty is a precious
> commodity.
>         Magnetic Megan discovered a New Order video comp the last time we
> were in Columbus, and kindly allowed me to purchase it instead of keeping
> it for herself. As we watched this, we discovered that Stuart Murdoch is a
> dead ringer for Bernard Sumner! Before he went Electronic, of course.
> Speaking of which, I thought the new album was crap.
>         Oh, and this is content too! I finally got to hear the Genteel
> Waifs LP. We actually got it at my radio station. I listened to the
> entire thing in one gulp. Pretty easy considering it, like the Looper
> album, is immensely short. I think the strongest comparison I can make for
> it is that it sounds precisely like all the music from Sesame Street when
> I was a kid, but with Isobel singing too. Not like the music for Mr.
> Rogers, note you, that was all jazzy. Not sure if that's a selling point,
> but it works for me.
>         Lastly, Ailsa I don't really have any bagpiped songs besides Slap
> the Cock Around. I do have a CD by the world's only tampon applicatorist.
> If you're wondering, he plays it a bit like a slide whistle, but it sounds
> more like a cardboard recorder. I won't relate the story of how he learned
> to play it. Lets just say that the smut content of such a message might
> even be more impressive than the girl who said she had no gag reflexes.
> Hm...no, I don't think I can beat that one.
>
>         Signatureless,
>
>                 Mick.

	Signatured,

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Brian Pennington, a.k.a. Mick McMick; Sandcastle Records
 \         /  bp224996 at ohiou.edu                           ICQ#5056758