Sinister: bummed out

Riddley13 at xxx.com Riddley13 at xxx.com
Wed May 26 22:27:01 BST 1999

hello my fellow sinisterines,

A while back I made tapes of the NYC shows from Nov of '98 for a whole bunch
of you.   They were great concerts and I wanted to share them with people on
the list who did not get to go see them.  It has recently come to my
attention that someone has made a CD bootleg from my recording and is selling
it at one store in NYC.  I have not heard about it being anywhere else yet
(have you seen the double CD set?).
I am a bit perturbed that someone is trying to make a buck off of something
that was given away for free.  (in truth I did ask for return postage and
blank tapes to make the copies .. I did not want to take a loss on making
these tapes just break even)  I did  not record the shows to make a profit.
My offer to make the tapes was a way of giving something back to the list
which has given me new friends and lots of enjoyment since I joined.  To
think that the culprit may be a listee or worse yet a friend who I made tapes
for,  really bums me out.   If you are out there listening, shame on you.

What really sucks about this is that I was about to post another offer to
make tapes of the Bowlie show.  Due to this event I am now not inclined to do
so, for fear that the same thing will happen again.

Now I realize that I am to blame for this happening.  I made the recordings
to begin with.  I just want you all to know that I did not make these CDs. I
am not interested in trying to make a buck off of the band that I love and
who has brought me so much pleasure.   There's nothing wrong with making a
buck.  I am just bummed that someone has turned a free offer of something
good into a money making scheme.  That's not why I made the tapes, that's not
why I gave them to people on the list.

John