Sinister: More Random Ramblings

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Thu May 27 00:05:02 BST 1999

Hi 70's Who Fans,

John Peel just said that that he bumped into Stuart (unspecified) from B&S
buying tickets for Stereolab's Glasgow gig earlier today: get there & get
star-spotting, guys & girls!

Someone posted about a B&S programme being on BBC Choice soon: "who knows
where or when?" Is it this coming weekend? What time?

Jamie Mr Niceaction wrote:
        Mr Moore AKA John Peel posted this teaser.

<<A prize to anyone who tells me the catalogue number of the record my
subject was on :)

if i am not mistaken, this will be The Jam song from This is the modern
world
- - catologue number 5374182.
a fine record if ever i heard one

I see that I totally failed again here, by devising a competition, & then
asking the WRONG question. I had in mind the 1977 Rockpile track issued on
Dave Edmunds' Get It album. Pants - I don't even like Paul "The Importance
Of Not Being Too Earnest" Weller. Never mind. If Jamie would like to mail
me his address I'll send him his booty: the Funeral Pyre 7 inch in original
picture sleeve. (That is if he doesn't mind 1981 glue being rather
ineffective)

PJ Miller wrote:
        Teddy Bear Filling under your foreskin

My mouth is opening & closing, etc., but only coz I do not understand this
reference: please elucidate for the middle-aged.

Signor Casarotto scribed:
        Alasdair's dreaming of nutmegging the bald one out of Camera
Obscura

And again! What the ****'s nutmegging?? Do you put Mace round it first??? I
tried all kinds of rhyming slang possibilities, but came no closer than I
did when attempting to answer the "Wembley" question.

Tim P!O!Pkins wrote:
        And how about the dumbassedhippyanthem to end all
        dumbassedhippyanthems? I give you 'White Rabbit' by the Jefferson
Stagecoach
        or whatever they were called before steam was invented.
        Pure shite.

Hands off Jefferson Ornithopter Tim, or I'll send you a compilation tape of
their offshoot bands' output, featuring such delights as Universal
Copernican Mumbles; tracks from Grace's Manhole - "a novocained nun
shrieking Spanish civil war songs in a Chinese brothel" ; Across The Board
("7 inches of pleasure, ooooh, going home"); & a mere few hours of 1971
Live Hot Tuna.

Mr Galligaskins wrote:
        Sarah Martin is now the unchallenged Monarch of the Melodica,

I reckon that John McEntire might dispute that title, so I award
SmileySarah the Glockenspiel crown, particularly in view of her
difficulties in actually being able to see it whilst playing. :) Also,
whats with the Stevenage stories: a lot of great people are born there,
don't you know.

Then Keith "Moon The Loon" Watson beat me to entering Orbital for The Great
Rock & Roll Bagpipes Stakes. Trivia fans will love to learn that the
stirring skirl only appears on the single version, and is sadly omitted
from the album.

Sarah (neither Fluffy nor Starry: all serious now for exams?) if German is
one of your A Levels, thats aus & not auz-gezeichnet

Please no one turn TheQueenMum upside down: colostomy bag alert!

Supreme patience award to anyone who actually got this far :)

Keep the peace,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK