Sinister: Hi there people I'm Bobby Brown

Fredrik Appelberg fredrik at xxx.se
Thu May 27 12:18:48 BST 1999

Hi there fellow sinisterines!

I was sick all day yesterday (swollen throat, light fever) but went to
work anyway. Today I'm feeling better, but staying home just to
compensate. That's ok, right? The good thing about this is that I
finally hade the time to go through by backlog of Sinister messages. Oh
joy! So I'll try to comment on all the current memes in turn.

Things Up Your Nose: A friend of mine once got an incredibly strong
breath mint stuck in his nose. Apparently it was very painful and he
lost his sense of smelling for a few days. While we're on the subject:
am I the only one who enjoys getting my ears flushed with warm water?
It's kinda lika a fetish for me.

Bagpipes: I heard that performers often prefer Irish bagpipes to the
scottish type since it allows them to both drink and smoke while
playing. Lesley: apparently there are a nordic variant of bagpipes; they

are a little smaller and not very impressive to look at.

Literature: I read an Irving book once. It wasn't unpleasant, but I
don't think I'll do it again anytime soon. At the moment I'm reading
Gravity's Rainbow and it's filled with important stuff like Death,
V2-Rockets and Kinky Sex. A lot of sex, really. You'll love it.

Cheese: The garlic flavoured cheese was some kind of softspread, right?
Love it! Also, smoked cheese-sausages are marvelous!

Nightlife (not necessarily gay): Ok, if I want to dance I go to my local

warehouse party and if I wanna get pissed I saunter down to one of the
many excellent pubs here in Stockholm. But nightclubs? I can't stand it.

People drinking and dancing at the same time? It's against nature! It's
evil! I will never feel at home in a nightclub! I never manage to have a

good time in there. I feel lost. Maybe it's just my shy nature, but I
don't think I'm alone in this.

The Onion. Yes!

Stupid Pet Names: Riff-Raff might be an indie movie, but I was actually
thinking about the Rocky Horror Show. Sweet...! I agree that Julius is a

good name for any pet. BTW: my cousins had a parrot once. They named him

Teodor for fifteen years everyone assumed that he was male until
suddenly one day she laid an egg. I think there's a lesson in that for
all of us.

I just noticed that I'm the only one on the list that use capital
letters in the proper places. And frankly, this message looks like crap
compared to your sleek, lower-case affairs. Oh, well...

--Fredrik