Sinister: What's all this about Weller?

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Thu May 27 14:36:05 BST 1999

All this talk of the 70's WHO is making me dizzy, I'm dead impressed to have
heard about Blake's 80 odd WHO albums, that's well good. I'd love to say I
had 70 WHO albums, but unfortunately I'm down in the low twenties, so
nowhere near what Blake has. I tried to find a site with some WHO songs on
it to prove to you that the 70's WHO are in fact better than 60's Who, but
there's not a lot out there. I guess da management has been shutting them
down.

The commonly held misconception that the WHO in the 70's were an Arena band
with songs to match, is pretty much like when the general populace thought
that the Jesus and Mary Chain were a goth band. The WHO's winning song
formula didn't really change in the 70's, they just wrote more, and better
ones, and plumbed a few synthesizers in here and there. It's also a bit off
to go criticizing the lads, when they're on the list, all of them except
Keith Moon of course, he died a long time ago. I think pretty soon I'm going
to do a 70's WHO quiz on the list, just to see WHO's been paying attention.

I'm listening to the wonderful Maccaploitation soundtrack to Live and Let
Die. Wardy would be proud.

Cheers to Weejay for the kind comments about my Website. There's a picture
of a bottle of Tonic Water there now... plus I'm gonna stick a webcounter on
it tonight to check on how many of you gyppos have looked at it... it's
constantly developing.

Bye bye Owen wizard, have a nice summer holiday, same goes for the rest of
the "bloody students" on the list. (That was a joke, I was a bloody student
5 years ago).

Hello to all the people WHOse first posts have been made recently, you
really all ought to post lots more often.

Cheers,
  Keith.