Sinister: everyone who is real does not have a name

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Thu May 27 15:16:47 BST 1999

Cripes - I've got a name.  So I'm not real then?   Mindfuck man mindfuck...

John Cale and Lou Reed once sang a song about faces and names not making any
sense to them.  Must have been the years of drug abuse. Anyway, they went on to
wish that all faces and names were the same, which I don't think would be much
of a solution at all.  Just imagine the confusion.  Fools.  I think we are
allowed to flame people who aren't on the list.   Or perhaps they are on the
list.  If so, I'm very very sorry John and Lou -   I think you're great and I
know you were only singing about Andy Warhol really.   I bet Blake will catch
hell from lurker Don Henley when he reads your post dissing the Eagles.

Youn went on to write:

>>sometimes it has to do with when people appear contrary to your
expectations. that is what is happening to me now in the process of
email personalities and names becoming attached to faces. an example of
this is someone whom i mistakenly thought would be indian with an olive
complexion and huge dark eyes and heavy lashes, but my stock of proper
English names was incomplete. he turned out to be all fair hair and
peaches and cream complexion and extremely innocent looking, which made
everything he wrote or that was written about him seem all the more
shocking.>>

Call me self-centred, but I actually thought Youn was writing about me here
until I got to the bit about fair hair.  Actually, it's only because I've got an
Indian surname that I thought that, I'm not really self-centred at all.  I'm
great, me.

This 'no one knows you're a dog' business - I have to confess to you Youn (Youn
Jong?) that despite having exchanged quite a few emails with you, I have no idea
what sex you are.  You could let me know if you like.  You don't have to show me
or anything - I'll take your word for it.

Archel wrote:

>>i don't know about jd salinger being a pervert, but i heard a terrible
rumour about jimmy saville the other day. he did all this work for
charity and kids, and was generally an old sweetie (apparently) but
also donated sums of money to a mortuary in return for a half hour
visit each week, no questions asked. >>

Which is quite the most distubing thing I've heard in a long time.  Next you'll
be telling me Johnny Morris was a paedophile.

Talking of celebrities with dark underbellies, my friend Dave actually made up a
joke once all on his own that I think is very funny (I apologise to
international readers who will be unfamiliar with cryptofascist twins of evil
Ross and Norris McWhirter - they used to guest on the Record Breakers Show and
show off about how they had every world record in the world ever stored away in
their big heads)

Q: Why did the IRA kill Ross McWhirter?
A: He knew too much.

Why has no one made a joke about Lawrence Dallaglio being caught in a Honey
Trap?  You could throw in phrases like 'Fey and vulnerable' somewhere.  Once
again, I apologise to international readers.  Unreservedly.  For everything.

Nick xx