Sinister:.....bunch of savages in this town.

daragh lynch daragh_lynch at xxx.com
Thu May 27 15:34:54 BST 1999

hello friends,
well, another first post. here goes....i've been lurking around here for
about four months now and have been threatening to post for some time now. i
had always said that when i finally did, it would be intelligent, witty and
thought-provoking. thats probably the main reason why its taken so long...i
planned to put loads of effort and sweat etc. into it.....but today i am
feeling a likkle bit cheeky and thought i'd go for it. as a result, this is
not gonna be witty or thought provoking, and as for intelligent......HA!
idontthinkso.
you must understand, actually i should make it clear right from the start, i
don't have anything interesting to say and, more importantly, there will be
no B&S content (sorry honey, who incidently is the best list mummy i've come
across). there may be....if i can think of some, or i could make something
up...hmmm....
anyways ijust have a few small points to make, and then i'll be gone:
1. i wish hotmail had bullet-points. i like them. oh well, i'll have to make
do with numbering. pah.
2. it was a few months ago now, but someone mentioned a book called 'the
secret history' by donna tartt. i second that recommendation. it is
definitely my favorite book ever and definitely worthy of a classmark in the
sinister library. at the moment i'm reading 'the letters of william s.
burroughs' and its starting to get to me. i think i might take a break from
it for a bit, its a tad disturbing.
3. on the subject of goths, has anyone else noticed how out of sorts they
look in the summer time. now and again you see them sitting around in parks,
but not in the carefree, lazing way most people enjoy. no, they seem ill at
ease or something. i feel a bit sorry for them. i'm going to start walking
around parks searching for goths and handing out brightly coloured bermuda
shorts to those in need, war-on-want style. maybe it'll cheer them up a bit.
grumpy bastards.
4. this is pathetic, i know, but after scouring belfast (where i live) and
coming up empty handed, i have no other option....would anyone be willing to
make a copy of tigermilk for me? i'll swap anything i have for it or will
pay...pretty please. please mail me privately if you can.
5. can i just say hello to louise and seamus. we had our own little meetup
before the dublin show, and even though there were only three of us, i had a
great time. we should arrange something over the summer, in dublin maybe?
6. i think thats me done for now, so i'd better be off.oh yeah, i've never
got anything stuck in my nose/ear but a friend of mine once caught his
foreskin in his zipper and had to go to hospital to have it removed. i've
over-stepped the mark now, have'nt i? i think i'd better leave.
love, daragh.