Sinister: Re: Jamie and The Magic Torch

Pete Ramsdale peter.ramsdale at xxx.com
Thu May 27 15:16:17 BST 1999

.....well, more re: Chorlton and the Wheelies, actually. Chorlton
didn't scare me a bit. Nor his Wheelies. That bl**dy witch used to
scare the living daylights out of me, though. And her kettle. Gives me
the heebyjeebies just thinking about her. Fenella, I think her name
was. Ugh. What an evil old bint. Scarier than Doctor Who on acid, and
I am totally unashamed to say that, although I never saw a lot of
Doctor Who, it has given me the ability to describe the back of our
sofa in perfect detail.

The only thing that makes me cower behind the sofa these days are
those really loud bits in "Like Herod" by Mogwai. And they've also
caused me to set fire to bits of my carpet on various occasions. Yes,
folks, never partake in setting light to cancer sticks while listening
to the 'gwai. 'xept when you see 'em live, of course, when it adds to
the whole atmosphere and when it would positively be wicked not to
smoke. (Well, I had to shoe-horn in some B&S content somewhere.
Almost.)

On that topic: my claim to fame - I've DJ'd after a Mogwai gig at the
Arts Centre in Colchester. We ran out of tunes we liked after an hour,
so for the last 45 minutes we had the members of the band choosing
tunes that they wanted to hear, and we played 'em ("We" being DJ
Bluesmoke (me) and DJ Travelcard (my mate) - deary me.) Fantastic
bunch of lads, they are. Dominic danced to "The First Big Weekend",
too, which managed to raise him even further in my esteem.

And yes, much Belle and Sebastian did get played......

Well, that's about enough egotistical back-slapping for one day....:-)

Adios,

lol p xx.
--

 "'Ullo, little old lady....."
                  - Chorlton sums up the courage to talk to
                    the nasty little f**ker in the kettle.....

 Pete Ramsdale - peter.ramsdale at wdr.com
 Phone: 0171 568 3836

related financial instruments.