Sinister: B&S doc rocks shock!

Essexdog5 at xxx.com Essexdog5 at xxx.com
Fri May 28 01:26:54 BST 1999

Broadcast from Planet Privileged! Forgive me, I'm a journaist (etc).

I've just seen a preview tape of  the BBC Choice B&S documentary and,
surprisingly, it's really rather wonderful. Interviews with Richard, Stuart
D, Mick, Mark Radcliffe, Joe Egg (200 Troubled Teenagers oganiser - there's
brief  footage of that night as well, using much the same shots as Select
chose), and Sinistrine Caleb. The latter proposes that B&S straddle the
art/pop divide - which must be very wearing on one's polyester gusset.

The 'story' of B&S (which transposes the Seymour Stein visit to the States,
for some reason) is told via a Bunty-esque comic named Sissy (arf!), read on
a bus (yay!) by a (not very B&S) girl. Oh, and there's also a very telling
moment where one member of B&S says something along the lines of "It's not
all flowers in back pockets"..... (it may have been Mick). There are also two
vids I hadn't seen before - one almost definitely featuring AwfulVoiceWoman
from Sleater Kinney, and the other starring Isobel in a coffee shop. Oh, and
there's some rehearsal room stuff too.

Fortunately, this 30 min thangdango is actually superior to the South Bank
Show doc on The Smiths. It's kinda pure!

And if anyone knows (or indeed HAS) the B&S demo which includes the line
"You're Kellogs and I'm Nabisco" (which appears in said film), I'd love to
hear it! Ditto Tigermilk instrumental.

I'm listening to the finished CD copy of Tigermilk as I type this. I only
mention that because I'm so fucking EXCITED!!!!!

B&S fans - we rool da skool. Yes. Ahem. Goodnight.

Pip pip!
Stephen.