Sinister: B&S Rockudocujocumentary

robhalcrow at lineone.net robhalcrow at lineone.net
Fri May 28 19:37:30 BST 1999

Good evening, or good day,
   The main point of this post is to say that providing I can set the video and make sure the Digital thing is on I'll be able to tape the B&S thang on Sunday. I'm hoping to put in an appearance at the Greenwich Park picnicnic on Sunday but it should work out. I should also be able to make copies of it for people who are interested. (Robert Foster I don't really want the use of your body for any  dirty shenanigans, thanks anyway.) I would appreciate something to cover post and packing if people are interested. But no selling bootleg copies in the future. That is very very naughty indeed.
   B&S content. Yesterday I saw a van with a line painter sign on the motorway, I was yawning as I was feeling quite lazy, and when I looked it was being driven by Jane of Rod, Jane and Freddie fame. What are the chances of that happening?
    Rebecca (I think, forgive me if I'm wrong, I know who I mean) mentioned losing her B&S badge the day she got it. I think they're programmed to disappear within hours. I bought 3 at Bowlie, wore my favourite on the last night, took it off to keep it safe (oh the irony) and, when I got home it had vanished. Why? Why? oh why must these things keep happening to me?
    I should admit I've never really thought too hard about the words to "Simple Things". They sound fantastic, the way they just flow and roll on. 'The wind is grey' does seem appropriate, especially in the context of the typical windy grey skies in Britain. ( I prefer that weather. It's too hot in Canterbury this week). The guitar intro to the song is brilliant isn't it? All that suspense, the ticking beat, the snaking melody then.....BANG , that guitar. All that reverb. I think it's a glorious song and they did a great version at Bowlie.
    Sure there was something else I needed to say but I'm blowed if I can remember what it was.  Anyhoo....
Love
Rob

"Sometimes the sun shines on unkind people."  Lauren Laverne