Sinister: uhhhh...ok

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Sat May 29 00:23:31 BST 1999

For those keeping score at home, you can add my name to the list of
newbies/mailer virgins.  I'm Steve and I live in Baltimore, Maryland, and if
I wasn't this warped upon birth the city more than took care of it.  I'm 19,
play drums, worship F. Scott Fitzgerald and "sleep the clock around" whenever
possible.  On the not so twee side of the coin, I like to drink (especially
hard cider), I am infatuated with Gillian Anderson and the majority of the
thoughts coursing through my head on a daily basis are smut.  Other than B&S,
I really dig Jawbox, Weezer, the Beach Boys, Wilco and brunettes.
I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to travel with me to All Tommorrow's
Parties but being the stubborn ghett that he is, he wants to know who is
playing.  "Playing?" I ask him.  "Playing?  Cmon man thats the least of your
worries!  Isobel Campbell will be there...is this not enough?!"  But he again
reitierated that without knowing who's playing he doesn't want to pay $1000
to fly to England because he needs money for "college" or something like
that. Blah, blah blah...lazy sod.
Can anyone give me a hand here?  I'm only aware that Pavement and the Gentle
Waves are going to be there, so if anyone else knows of any bands other than
these, please fill me in.  I would be appreciative to the highest order!

To kick a few dead horses (I'm like that):

For the reading list thread, I highly recommend anything by Mark Helprin, a
writer of astounding beauty and clarity (especially A Soldier of the Great
War).  Alot of what he writes seems to reflect alot of the images and themes
in old Struan's lyrics, so give it a quick read and see what you think.
Dr. Pepper I do not like warm, but somewhat fancy whilst chilled.  Its higher
than root beer in my heirarchy of beverages, but slightly below Mountain Dew.
 The Dr.'s evil twin Mr. Pibb is a bit sweeter but lacks "the Dr. Pepper
kick" so I only drink it in the most dire of situations.  Anyone who desires
warm Dr. P is clearly a fan of Steps and needs to be thrashed.

Thank God for catholic school girls

Steve C.