Sinister: jarvis cocker is a liar

Timothy Roberts tjohn at xxx.uk
Sat May 29 11:37:21 BST 1999

while every word alan warner writes is pure poetry ( just like stuart
murdoch and, well, me) the bit about his books being full of good music is a
LIE. while morvern callar has lots of groovy krautrock, these demented lands
is mainly concerned with the verve. oh dear. and his favourite band of all
time is superstar. this is bad. he even forced me to buy one of their
records by recording a single with them. actually its no bad,  but the
b-sides with superstar on their own is back to the whiny drivel theyre
renowned for. but go and buy the books anyway, they will give you strength,
especially these demented lands. and his punctuation and grammer are a bit
dodgy, just like mine, which i have decreed is A Good Thing.

I dont suppose theres any point me recommending the shoe by gordon legge
again, like i do every time youse start discussing books. PET NAME ALERT-
the dog in its called dostoevsky.

a book  i read recently was bad wisdom by bill drummond out the klf and mark
manning aka zodiac mindwarp. theres a quote by yer man cocker on the sleeve:
"the truth, no matter how uncomfortable, cannot help but be beautiful. this
is a very beautiful book." well 'beautiful' isnt the word i would have used.
come to think, neither is 'truth'. how about "LIES, no matter how
pornographic, cannot help but be vile. this is a very vile book." there you
go, stick that on the next edition.

why dont you all stop reading books and go and read my story out the
sinister library. it didnt come out as well as i hoped, but i wrote it late
at night and its about as honest as you can get. yeah, prose isn't really my
medium.

look! down there! a signature line!  you should all go and visit the web
page cause ive just spent a week ghost writing all the text for B-B-B-Ben,
including the bits where i slag myself off. and my mother will have kittens
when she sees the phone bill from him building it.
just to start a bit of healthy interband rivalry, it pisses all over the
roolz site. from a great height.
      from tjohn

"and do you think its possible to be sensitive and strong?"
"hmm... we are."
 -the bmx bandits
visit deadhippy online: http://www.deadhippy-records.freeserve.co.uk
batfink site to come soon...