Sinister: B & S newsgroup

Gary Lawler glawler at xxx.ie
Sat May 29 20:34:20 BST 1999

At 15:11 29/05/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Why does noone of you go to the B & S newsgroup???
>
>Antje

Well, I know my server hasn't picked it up yet. Did you go through
alt.config and propose the newsgroup? They have don't much real control,
but it's where most sysops find out about new groups and add them to their
servers (and they get real pissy when people start a group without asking
them - they might have rmgrouped it). Also, DejaNews isn't carrying it
which is going to make it *very* hard to find . . .

Anyone who wants to read/post to the group should probably contact their
ISPs and ask them to add it to their servers. If they can't find it, then
there's probably something wong and you might want to consider going back
through alt.config and starting again (there's a load of protocal that goes
along with doing this).

And remember, USEnet can be a nasty place :-)

--
Gary Lawler  *  ICQ UIN: 11115268  *  AIM: seclite369