Sinister: mistakes, we've made a few

boyon abike acoyboy at xxx.com
Sun May 30 07:19:07 BST 1999

hullo my pretties!

my goodness!!  i leave my computer for about one week and i have over 250
messages in my in-box.  no doubt, the majority are sinister, probably from
sinsister, too ;)  hmmm...think it is time to switch to digest?  methinks
so.
anyhoo, i have never really posted to the list but something of utmost
mysteriousness and personal interest has occured in my generally not quite
rock-star life, and so i tell a wee tale.

***slight, insignificant b&s content.  well, honestly, none really***
***warning, sappy frank sinatra content ahead, proceed at your own risk***

once upon a time (today, to be more specific) i was at a "jazz jubilee,"
with my mum.  as our tastes happen to differ a yet [i have not been able to
convinced her that the divine being (you may insert whichever noun you
personally prefer here: _______) actually lives among us in traveling about
on soundwaves which originate from b&s instruments, but she will see the
light.  my what a rambling...] we decided to split up, with a plan to remeet
at 5:00, leaving me with two clear choices: a) i could get sloshed off two
beers. b) i could go wander about a local rare records store, which we had
passed eariler.  after a moment of contemplation, i decided to take
morrissey's sound advice: i can have both!  unfortunately, i did the record
perusement first.  although, the store drew a large zero in the indie
department, i came across a cache of old frankie sinatra records.  a myriad
of them (now, it might serve my story well to tell that mr. frank sinatra is
one of my top loves in the world of music, and i have long longed for a
vinyl album of his.  not only for the sleek sounds of classsic crooning, but
- imagine if you will, close your eyes, no not while reading, silly! - a
large picture of a young, sexy, sulty, felicitous and lovely, morsel
miraculous and meaningful, francis sinatra--only second to stuart
murdoch--donning the cover of a large record album.  an album which i could
very well sleep with under my pillow every night for the rest of my life, or
at least until the drool causes him to be too indistinguishable and soppy).
oh if only i could express my extreme joy followed by the sudden and utter
dismay of the realization that it would cost more than an arm And a leg just
for one album such as "nice and easy."  after an hour-or-so of telling
myself i could live without it, i decided to drink more (surely afterwards i
would not have the same view!).  i wandered around listening to happy old
folks in big bands, drinking my ale, when i came across a "news and review"
(a free local events publication).  while perusing said paper i next came
across the following header (referring to various members of the u.s.
executive branch):  "Mistakes, We've Made a Few."  it was an omen from the
stars above.  frankie babie was cooing for me.  but did i run, in my silly
noisy shoes and wool knickers, through the perilous outdoor mall, dodging
both old and young, straight for the holy grail o' sound which awaited me
with a single beam of light from the heaven's above and a glorious wall of
angelic warbling?  i think you may be able to guess...of course not.
obviously, god was on my side.  i could dilly-dally all i want.  confident
in my revelation, i went to a different store on the other side of town.
not a single sinatra album in descent condition.  poo!  i asked the lad
behind the counter if he new the time.  it was 4:45, recall if you will, i
had to meet my mommy at 5:00.  i went to our designated spot and there she
was joined by my sister with my three-year-old nephew.  we had a long walk
back to our lightrail station, but luckily the beacon of a record shop was
on the way, near the end however.  three is the best age for swift
foot-travel, mind you.  after spending about half an hour looking at a
fountain, looking at big sousaphones, going up and down escalators (which
was all more fun than i had even bargained for, of course) i found my store
to be closed.  to make matters worse, i am only visiting from out of town,
so it is not as though i could go back tomorrow.  no that would be too easy.
  only then, at that moment when my ever-so-eager eyes set sight on the
gated-up old run-down record store, did i realize the true foreshadowing of
my header.  how could i have been so blind???  now, i sit at my mommy's
computer in sackcloth and ashes mourning for my blind ignorance.
mistakes...i made one.  moral:  do not waste time, thinking everything will
wait for you.  on the other hand, i did pick up a spiffy fred rogers album
at the other store i was at.  moral: always, look on the bright side...and
then whistle a happy tune.

ahhh...my tale was told.  i feel whole.  please excuse me, the only person i
have been shatting with on a regular basis is my grammy, and she is such a
wonderful story-teller.  it is my secret desire to be a grandmother, but as
fred rogers told me today:  "only girls can be mommies".  sigh...i suppose
that goes for grannies too.  oh joy!! (see it is not that hard to keep me
content)! i also have a brand new b&s mix tape to listen to on my way back
home.  life is grand, is it not ;)

love to each and every one of you: you're special just the way you are!
edwin
who honestly, hasn't lived up to his coy expectations.  shame on me!!
naughty edwin!  or is it knotty edwin? hmmm...