Sinister: Re: B & S newsgroup

Andy Buckley agb31 at xxx.uk
Mon May 31 03:40:40 BST 1999

>>Why does noone of you go to the B & S newsgroup???
>>
>>Antje
>
>Well, I know my server hasn't picked it up yet. Did you go through
>alt.config and propose the newsgroup? They have don't much real control,
>but it's where most sysops find out about new groups and add them to their
>servers (and they get real pissy when people start a group without asking
>them - they might have rmgrouped it). Also, DejaNews isn't carrying it
>which is going to make it *very* hard to find . . .

I know that Phil definitely posted it through alt.config since he got some
compliments back on how well presented the newsgroup proposal was
formulated. My own news manager was also really nice about the proposal
when I asked him to rush it onto the server. So sysops don't have any
excuse: go and pester them to give us all another B&S forum to natter in   :)

Oh, and yes it is on DejaNews: the group is under alt.music.belle+sebastian
due to general restrictions on group nomenclature...that might have led to
you not being able to find it but its all I had for a couple of days until
the group made its way to my server...bit silly really since it was made here.

>And remember, USEnet can be a nasty place :-)

It already has been: we had an ardent Steps fan pestering the group about
the Brits thing. Don't post any replies to his drivel: he loves it...

BTW, this was my first post: not as wibbly or off topic as it should have
been, I fear...don't worry, there's plenty of time for that   :)

Bye,
Andy

Andy Buckley
agb31 at cam.ac.uk