Sinister: a simple way to go faster than light that does not work

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Mon May 31 05:32:51 BST 1999

I had a very similar experience to the one you spoke of whilst trying to
convince a jazz purist friend of mine to give B+S a chance.  After listening
to a few choice selections from TBWTA he claimed it was "Keith Curley music;"
Keith Curley being our town's resident dirtball, quasi-hippy, wastrel.
Needless I took particular offense to this.  He said it sounded like they
couldn't play very well together and that Struan sounded way too "gay" for
him to be able to get into their music.  He likes bands for very arbitrary
reasons so I shouldn't have been suprised, but the fact that he could bash
B+S so gleefully just really got under my skin.  I don't mean to rant, but...
I went to Ocean City, Maryland over the weekend to ostensibly relax and crash
a few go-karts or something.  Whilst wearing a wrinkled dress shirt under a
grey woolen sweater with grey/green khakis and Chuck Taylor's, a drunken
fratboy took time from his busy routine of being an ass to stagger over to me
and call me "French."  After spewing said "expletive" he drunkenly ambled
away into the crowd leaving me and my friend to wonder when being French
became an insult.  I got a good laugh out of it though so it wasn't too bad.
Apparently any evidence of tweeness (or Frenchness!) in American resorts is
grounds for ridicule nowadays.  I'm not even that twee really, I just the
dress the part you could say.  Some people...

Steve C.