Sinister: [sinister]:is it strange

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Mon May 31 22:21:19 BST 1999

My father was always accusing me of being hysterical based on the music I
listened too. First it was rap that was the problem, then punk, then riot
grrrl...by the time he tried to say "indie rock" was making me petulant I
learned to laugh at him. Although reading the sad posts on here somedays I
wonder if there are subliminal messages. The past year or so I've been bitter
in love, kissing as a game, competiting for attention instead of affection,
and generally letting low self esteem be ill repaired with sexual
gratification. Yet I fall in love and feel hurt so easily. Bleh.

I met a Sinister boy at a party Saturday. His name is John (hello!) and he
was doing a lovely job of turning off the bad techno music in favor of mixing
the Wedding Present. We started chatting, I was drunk for three days at that
point, and I was so charmed by his glasses and foppish manner about music.
I'm also reminded what a brit-popper I haven't been for a while.

I will be travelling to the East Coast June 8-18th so if there are any
Sinister folk in the Philadelphia/NJ/NY area I would love to meet up. I am
actually going to take care of a friend whose grandfather is dying. She was
raised by her grandparents and is only 20. She's never had anyone close to
her pass away. I feel like there is so much I need to take care of here and
in my life, but sometimes you have to put that aside for your friends.

I went to a lovely party last night. A belated birthday party for Morrissey's
40th. DJ only Smith's records. Serve white cake with chocolate icing and
almond slivers. Rent the Smith's live video compilations. Photocopy photos of
Moz and paste rose petals all around. Steal red carnations from Thriftway and
hand them out to the guests to stick in their back pockets. Make Morrissey
masks and glue them on cardboard with popsicle sticks. Serve red wine, pink
wine, and champagne. Burn lots of candles. Have a karaoke session. Frown at
the two wierdos who hate Belle and Sebastian.

>I CAME HOME WITH A ?300 LEATHER JACKET!!!!!
>okay, on the plus side it's "terribly gucci, dahling"  but on the minus
>side it cost the same as say, 100+ pints of cider or.... HALF A CAR!!!!!
>AARRGGGHH,..... I THINK I'M DELERIOUS!!!!!!!

Dahlin its okay. I'm nursing  blisters from a new pair of DKNY pumps I paid
$181 for on Saturday. For a pair of shoes! I've never done that on an impulse
buy, usually I'd see them and save up and fret and then go back and find them
sold.

Love Courtney