Sinister: bombs, robberies, free meals and wanking

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Mon May 31 23:11:25 BST 1999

> t does seem strange that they'd have the public look
>  for bombs, though, doesn't it. And when it didn't go off in exactly 30
>  minutes everything was suddenly fine and safe. What if the bombers couldn't
>  count, eh? That said, I'm far more stupid for actually going back in.

Back when I worked in a bank, we received a bomb threat... the police came
and looked in the wastebaskets on the first floor.  We asked if they were
going to look on the second floor and the basement... they checked their
watches with worried faces and said no, ummm, they thought they'd... errr,
leave.  We got to go across the street for lunch on the bank.  After a while
the manager reckoned it might be safe to go back, but we kept taking turns
telling him how worried we were.  Finally 3 o'clock bank closing came around
and we felt a lot braver and returned to balance out and go home.

If you get robbed, the bank buys you a nice dinner.

My worst job, when I was a student, was in one of those free-standing film
kiosks in a shopping center parking lot.  They always get robbed, and so you
go through robbery training periodically.  I was asked, "what do you do if
someone asks for all the money?" and I said, "give it to them and ask, would
you like some nice, fresh FotoMat film?"  I think that was the wrong answer.
Once in awhile there would be a seedy character hanging around when I'd have
to take the money to the bank night deposit.  Calls to the police asking for
a patrol car to drive by to protect me never resulted in anything at all as
they were always "too busy."  But one night a guy came by and ...enjoyed
himself ...  all over the windowcounter.  There was never any wanking
training so I wasn't sure what to do -- but I called the police while he
was... pleasuring himself... and they sent 3 patrol cars, a motorcycle cop
and a van.  They didn't catch the guy nor did they clean up his mess.  Fine
public servants we have in this day and age.

I wonder what the bank would give you for a deposit like that?

Sorry for the ramble -- but blame it on Joss, who should be a lot wiser than
to go looking for bombs.  He doesn't post enough as it is.

--michele