Sinister: two layers of wool and tweed

mhintz at xxx.edu mhintz at xxx.edu
Mon Nov 1 11:44:53 GMT 1999

    Some might say this is about four months too late, or that it is
three years too late.  But I put a Tigermilk review of sorts on the
Stolen Kisses site.

    Does anyone have a complete listing of Bands That Reviewers Say Are
The NEW Belle and Sebastian?  I only know of Hefner, Hopkirk and Lee,
and the Clientele.  Of course none of these bands really sound like
B&S.  But journalists can be lazy.  Anything with a quiet guitar and a
man singing.  Thank god the Gentle Waves aren't the new Belle and
Sebastian, due to female vocals.  (When Isobel's voice breaks and she
becomes a proper man, we are in trouble).  The first time as tragedy and
the second as farce?

    I'm still scared of the sitar.

    Living and loving
    Matthew