Sinister: Inevitable "Gregory's Girl" post

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Nov 2 11:24:20 GMT 1999

Well, I hadn't seen the film until last night, so sorry for repeating the
obvious...

"Are you going to take her up the country park?" I thought this phrase was
shockingly rude for all of, ooh, ten minutes, before Gregory did actually
take Susan to Primrose Hill, where they smoked a pot of jasmine tea. It also
reminded me of the line in the first verse of String Bean Jean, but it's not
really similar enough to be a direct reference. Though one of Gregory's
friends did look a LOT like Struan, although older, which is odd as he was
playing a schoolboy.

What's weirder (only for me, mind) is the fact that Gregory *is* Henry, our
IT bloke. They have the same face, similar accents, and an identical
attitude towards women. I was in a meeting with him first thing this morning
and just couldn't lose the images. I may have over-smirked.

Aranzazu - I did the New Wave at college too (some nice films, decent
imagery, pretty men & women, painfully/too hip and just a touch over-rated),
and wrote a passable essay on A Bout de Souffle, though I can't for the life
of me remember what I said. Sadly, this was before the days of word
processors, so unless I can find it, discover the ink hasn't faded,
photocopy it etc, it probably wouldn't help much. It probably wouldn't help
much anyway.

Steady Mike said:

Damien Thorn

He also said:

cock.  Or tits

Stevie Trossachs said:

Bush

(this could go on. But it won't)

I had a dream about listees the other night. Natasha was part of an
all-female Mafia gang on the run in England for rigging the Inter-Venezia
footie game. Me and Marcus accidentally overheard their discussion, and were
duly kidnapped and held, unthreateningly, against our will. But we managed
to persuade Natasha she was wrong to be a mafiosa, her and Marcus fell in
love and then Marcus jumped off the roof of a double decker and barked his
knee on the pavement. What could it all mean?

Jason - have a look in the archives for answers to your 3 track Vs 4 track
question.

Poor old Jenowl. I once got punched for uttering the immortal words "you
fucking wanker - yes, you in the hood". Oops. It turned out okay though - it
was new year's eve, there were 3 blokes - after they'd each had a swing at
me, they calmed down. The bloke I'd insulted (he'd laughed at my then
girlfriend, who moments before had knocked herself unconscious on some
railings) just had a bit of a shout at me, but his mates thought he was
still looking for a fight, so they jumped on *him*, and left me to walk off,
baffled, while the three of them kicked the shit out of each other.

Quite enough for one day,

Markx

p.s.  if anyone sees a 7 foot caber tosser by the name of Mctaggart, can
they bring him back please?

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 0171 224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;  we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com