Sinister: We Rule The School (new dj night in Philadelphia)

FourJacksAndAJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Tue Nov 2 21:05:07 GMT 1999

Hey all, I'm forwarding this nugget of info regarding a new indie night
here in Philadelphia PA that also has a B&S themed title...should be a
good one, I trust the dj's involved (and their record collections)
implicitly.  Come on out, it's free!

Xavier

;)apologies if any of you have already received this...
;)
;)
;)Remember when rock was young? Remember when YOU were young? Remember when
;)you could still get beat up for wearing Doc Martens? Remember when having
;)your band referred to as "twee" was high praise?
;)
;)We do. That's why, this Wednesday, Nov. 3rd-and the first Wednesday of
;)every month thereafter-we're gonna lace up those Pumas, slip into that
;)ringer tee, box up our old seven-inches and head on down to...
;)
;)WE RULE THE SCHOOL.
;)An evening of indie rock and pop.
;)
;)That's right, folks. This Wednesday, surrey on down to the 700 Club and
;)you'll be damned if it's not 1993 all over again! DJs Bethany
;)"Put-the-beat-back-in-beatdown" Klein, Joey "I used to be signed to
;)Spinart" Sweeney and Jeff "Magnetique" Wagar will spin forgotten classics
;)like:
;)
;)Heavenly · The Spinanes · Small Factory · Unrest · Velocity Girl · Helium ·
;)St. Christopher · Field Mice · Versus · Fudge · The Lilys · Twiggy · White
;)Town · Beat Happening · The Orchids · Marine Girls · Lois · The Pooh Sticks
;)· Felt · The Go-Betweens · Nothing Painted Blue · Biff Bang Pow! ·
;)Superchunk · The Verlaines · The Pastels · Teenage Fanclub · Black
;)Tambourine · The Shop Assistants · The Apartments · Belle and Sebastian ·
;)Aztec Camera · Some Velvet SidewalkŠ
;)
;)And the list goes on and on. If it's ever been written up in Chickfactor,
;)you can bet your ass we'll play it. So once again, that'sŠ
;)
;)WE RULE THE SCHOOL.
;)An evening of indie rock and pop.
;)Wednesday, Nov. 3rd, 9pm
;)700 Club
;)Second and Fairmount
;)
;)Please come, and redeem your ticket stub from the Dec. 1994
;)Stereolab/Unrest show at Dobb's for a special prize!
;)
;)Joey Sweeney
;)Associate A&E Editor
;)Philadelphia Weekly
;)1701 Walnut Street
;)Philadelphia, PA 19103-5222
;)215.563.7400, ext. 110
;)fax: 215.563.0620
;)
;)
;)
;)
;)

 BXK
 bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu | www.english.upenn.edu/~bkim0
 It's what kind of hair you have on the inside that counts.--G.S.