Sinister: gingerly re-entering the fray

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 2 23:26:19 GMT 1999

hey kids,
         as you probably hadn't noticed, i took a few days off to sit
back and contemplate stuff, in an effort not to spew out all the crap
that my brain seems to hoard into long and really rather dull emails.
unfortunately, i couldn't work out how to do that, so i think the
answer will just have to be to post less often (a stifled cheer is
heard from 1000 ar so sinistereenies around the globe)

    things seem to be getting quite intellectual around here, so i
feel the need to tell you that i have spent most of the last week
walking the streets wearing horns. i have to stress that they weren't
the sort of crappy plastic horns that have a black strap and red bits
sticking out, no, these are classy black horns made of a kind of
silk-effect material. to cut to the chase, my horns are so comfy that
on several occasions i forgot that i was wearing them and had loads
of those moments when you notice that lots of people are staring at
you and you can't work out why, until you remember the ridiculous
looking item that is adorning your person (this, needless to say
happens to me a lot). on one occasion i was wearing my horns with a
big furry coat and was walking through a not entirely pleasant part
of town when a scary fat man leaned slightly too far into my personal
space and growled 'tiger' at me. i was frightened.

    in other news, i think i've got tonsilitis (again). you know,
doctors won't let you have your tonsils taken out if you're a grown
up, or something approaching one, unless you get tonsilitis very
severely and very frequently because its such a painful operation.
mine is, apparently, not quite severe or frequent enough to merit
having my throat ripped apart, so i'll just have to suffer. it is,
however one of those illnesses that always brings lots of sympathy
from people, so perhaps it isn't all bad.

    i'm also desperate to tell you about my latest relationship
trauma, but look, aren't i great, i'm restraining myself. if anyone
is really desperate to know feel free to email me, but it isn't
actually very intersting.

    i've just remembered that i think i wrote some quite proound
stuff in a whinging email to mummy while the list was in
hibernation, but i can't recall what it was now, i just remember
feeling quite proud of myself. i just thought i'd let you know that
now and again i do come up with something vaguely readable, obviously
though, its always at the wrong time.

        stay beautiful,    fiona

ps i'm going home for a few days tomorrow, so please don't post too
much because i'll have to sift throug it all when i get back,  cheers

****croak****