Sinister: who's afraid of ky too?

ian ian at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 3 20:39:21 GMT 1999

oh...its a poor pun..
ooohhhh...its a poor pun..
and its poorer still to return after a month's absence with such a pun and
expect people not to hit delete immediately.

nevertheless i shall do so.

hello again.  i have finally read the 527934 messages that amassed while i
was on holiday and have probably got things to say about some of them but
for the moment i forget..

first purchase on touching the soil of this beautiful, cold little island
was looper's new ditty.  it seems that it has not exactly met with universal
approval from these quarters.  i must leap to its defence

i like it.  it makes me smiley inside.  although at the same time i'm aware
that
it might not be all that good.  the jesus jones comparisons ring a little
too true.  and scarily enough i liked jesus jones at the time as well..

still, for the moment, it holds a special place in my heart.  there is
something about looper's music that lifts me.  it makes me feel more hopeful
about being alive.  perhaps its because the child-like quality appeals to
the (seemingly ever-growing) child within me.  and bugger it if that aint a
good enough reason to call it marvellous.

still on the subject..martin robinson said:

>Is it just me or does part of the verse of Looper's Y2K sound like
>it's going to turn into the Whole of the Moon by the Waterboys? Not
>that this would be a terrible thing, I once went to see Mike Scott's
>gang in Oxford for some reason. I was a lot younger and innocent then
>though

erm... well, having listened to both songs (especially the latter) rather a
lot, i can honestly say.... its just you.. a bit of the whole of the moon
would by no means be a horrible thing but i can't see it somehow.  i'm
jealous of you getting to see the waterboys, don't make it sound so
sordid... (insert smileyface disclaimer here)

and while i'm saying unhip things like "i'm jealous of you getting to see
the waterboys" and "i quite liked jesus jones"... i may as well hammer a few
more nails into the coffin of my credibility..

i've just watched top of the pops 2.  it seems that freddie mercury and
david bowie have managed to come up with a new version of "under pressure".
damn, that freddie guy is clever.  what is it about people called freddie
and their ability to exist beyond the grave?  the man has managed to be more
prolific since his death than he ever was during his life.  okay, so most of
it is bilge but this particular song is fantastic.  perhaps i'm turning into
a rock-monster.  time to pull out that studded leather jacket, grow my hair
and get some blonde highlights.

attempt to re-salvage some cool...i'm off to see moz in nottingham on
thursday.  anybody else going?

off to play my megadeath album and do a bit of headbanging

hard rocker ian

ps.  my boyfriend and several of my best friends are currently watching
steps at the n.e.c..  curiously they feel no shame about such activities and
invited me several times to accompany them.  i thanked them politely, but
declined.  if i want to see talentless gits miming to abba songs i can stand
in the middle of a gay club any saturday night.

perhaps that was a little harsh.  it is my new hard rocker/dirty den image
coming through.

i'll shut up now.  promise.

ian

"sort of like a gay dirty den, really"