Sinister: tigermilk, descartes, Rock Animals, .

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Thu Nov 4 05:20:49 GMT 1999

In a message dated 11/3/99 12:45:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
svesolb at hotmail.com writes:

<< My girlfriend for the last two years is leaving me, but at the same time I
 just bought an original copy of Tigermilk for $320!!! >>

First off, i'm very sorry about the breakup.. those are never fun. (obviously)

    Is anyone other than me surprised that people are buying original copies
of Tigermilk? Did the value not decrease with the reissue of Tigermilk?

Alasdair quoted someone as saying

 Does anyone else know of rock'n'roll animals who
> have settled down to get proper jobs?

one of the members of the Jam is a furniture restorer, i think. And Poly
Styrene of X-Ray Specs was a Hari Krishna last i heard. I don't know if you
consider handing out flowers in airports a proper job or not, but it's
interesting trivia either way.

alasdair also said
 You know, temporary insanity makes for excellent posts. If only I could
write things like this. Sigh.

  Complete insanity, on the other hand, makes for very boring posts, judging
from the content of my missives to sinister.

INTELLECTUAL PART

Does anyone else feel that Descartes eliminated all options but solipsism
when he defined the basic starting point of philosophy as "Cogito, Ergo sum"?
(i think therefore i am)

i didn't think so.

What's the latest animal peril from Thailand?

dave