Sinister: naming and shaming

Erica MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Fri Nov 5 10:12:52 GMT 1999

Dear Lot,

Super sta-force:

> turned it down! Do you know their latest album of songles is called
> "Steptacular"?? Thats VERY GOOD!

I was dissapointed, I was hoping they'd call it 'Step Two' and the third
'Step 3' and keep going like that until you had a whole flight of stairs.
Did you know that 'H' from steps is called 'H' after 'Hyperactive'. I wonder
what his real name is. Something cute, I bet. His angelic face was staring
back at me from a huge posterboard on oxford street outside HMV the other
day. It scared me so much, I almost didn't go in and spend half an hour
aimlessly ambling around in the rock/pop section, and scratching the bottom
of the bargin bin.

The adorable Jen said said that someone gave her a smack in the chops for
trying to play belle and sebastian at a party. Luckily the last time I did
that, I escaped unharmed, but was concequently outcast from the houseparty
massive. Mind you, I did bite the person's hand who was trying to change the
cd, so maybe I'm the villan. Perhaps Electronic Renassiance would have gone
down better than Put The Book Back on the Shelf.

I nearly got beaten up for saying Pulp were better than Robson and Jerome
once. They said they were going to get me after school. I didn't have the
feisty gaul I've now adopted, because I was a porker with frizzy hair. I
decided to go red, look at my feet, burst out crying in matrons and go home
sick. Don't worry, I'm sure the bullies have got a nice sexually transmitted
disease by now.

and talking of diseases, Christopher Mellan, STOP sending me rude letters
about my "peachy bottom" or I'll send the boys round.

I've taken to not wearing any make-up under my eyes, to reveal dark circles
in ghoulish wonder. It does wonders for extending essay deadlines, even if I
do look like a walking corpse. I'll be at the poetry cafe tonight - fully
made-up, mind, sipping gin and chattering madly, I should think.  Do say
hello if you're there.

Erica

Mick Cooke mailed the list the other day. My heart skipped a beat.
Erica

http://chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html