Sinister: firestarter

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Sat Nov 6 18:10:01 GMT 1999

well, after last night there can be no further doubt: fireworks are better
than sex.

and i'm not just saying that because i'm not getting any of the latter.  the
display at the end of the lewes festivities was amazing, and possibly only
heightened by the stoned people behind me going "oooooh, looks like alien
ships!  jellyfish!"  there are some experiences which can't be described, and
you will just have to imagine the thrill of standing in a muddy field with
3000 people, all watching the sky become the most beautiful thing ever, all
cheering and gasping involuntarily in perfect sync.  i imagine watching b&s
play live would be a similarly transcendental experience, actually, but sadly
i haven't had the chance to find out yet.

if i was forced to choose between giving up orgasms and giving up
fireworks... well, it would be a tough call at the moment.  as for choosing
between b&s and orgasms, should we take a poll on this one?

anyway, the whole night was fantastic as ever, complete with processions of
mongol hordes, zulus, vikings, tudors and pirates.  someone pointed out that
it looked a bit like a gay pride march, but i would have to disagree.  much
more gaudy and kitsch.  also, as a letter in the local paper revealed, the
average lewes resident thinks that someone who prefers their own gender is
called a 'homosexualist'.  how we laughed.

and then we laughed some more at our hapless guests from tame cambridge, who
spent the whole evening with their mouths open in disbelief, a dangerous
activity considering the numbers of bangers, embers, and suspicious hot dogs
flying around.  us locals take it all in our stride, even the riot police and
the burning tar barrels, but i'm not ashamed to be awestruck by the
fireworks.  i'm going to see some more tonight, could i be becoming an addict?

not much b&s content, although i dare say there was a boy with an arab strap
in the parade somewhere.

starry-eyed hugs,

archel xxx

*********