Sinister: oh but I really do want to be an owl...maybe

JENOWL22 at xxx.com JENOWL22 at xxx.com
Sat Nov 6 19:17:02 GMT 1999

Karaoke queen by catatonia's pants. But i bought it anyway today, because I
was feeling reckless.

I had a day long band practise today. Sort of like a workshop. Only not. We
practised, made an ad for more members on the computer, went into town and
put it up in the music shop, pissed about in the town, and then practised
some more.

I've re-discovered the joy of the lazy line painter jane ep. I don't like
that lady's voice though. Couldn't they have got Bel to sing her bit?

Also, I like the way stuart sings shitty. Like he's going to say it but wants
to think about whether it would be maybe not nice to swear when lots of nice
innocent children might buy the record and go home at night saying "shitty"
to their parents, then he realises that probably not a great many young
innocent children will buy the record, when they could be buying something
that doesn't contain swear words. then maybe he thinks that, if he doesn't
swear then little children might buy it. But then he maybe think that little
children won't buy it for a different reason, like maybe because belle and
sebastian haven't been on live and kicking. And all the while he's dragging
out the shhhh part, while all this races through his brain at a million miles
an hour. Before he says the rest of the word, only a fraction of a second
behind the beat.

And why does a century of elvis sound so much like a century of fakers except
with talking?

I wonder what made me put lazy line painter jane on today. I so much wanted
to listen to dog on wheels.

The scarf i'm knitting's nearly long enough to wear. It's taken me weeks.
Maybe when I can knit faster I'll go into business. Maybe I'd rather get a
paper round.

Sarah asked us what we thought a good title would be for the next belle and
sebsatian album. I think that a good title would maybe be The Owls. Or
something like This Album Has Got A Sitar On It.

Jen