Sinister: chirpy chirpy cheep cheep - ie i'm happy

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 7 19:08:54 GMT 1999

hey kids,
         just waded through four days worth of posts, although
thankfully that doesn't amount to as many as it used to do, so  my
brain is not as mangled as it night have been.

    just in case any of you were worrying, my tonsilitis has
subsided for the time-being, although i'm still just about sore
enough to continue to feel sorry for myself for the time-being.

    i felt the urge to post today, despite having nothing at all to
say, and was beginning to feel guilty, when i recalled an anecdote
that is both relevant and at least worth skim reading, so if you're
sitting comfortably, i'll begin....

    think back if you will to bowlie and the long trek that many of
us had to make to get there and back.(i wasn't on the list at the
time, so i couldn't share this then, but bear with me) around ten of
us had hired a minibus (complete with driver) as our preferred method
of transportation. our little group of people were scattered around
the north of england and our proposed meeting place was someone's
house in manchester, so my then boyfriend and i made the trip
across from leeds in his car. all ran smoothly until we (sic) managed
to crash in slow-moving traffic in manchester city centre. this was
not too traumatic, but wait until i put it in context. the journey
to the south coast, although slow, was fairly uneventful, except
that we arrived at around midnight, thus missing the delgados.
    after a fun and beer filled (but my alcohol induced antics on the
saturday are another story) weekend, the time came for us to go home.
as promised, our minibus and driver were waiting for us outside
camber sands and we embarked, with only a warning from the driver
that he would have to 'nurse the clutch' on the way because the bus
had not been very well. this did not seem like too much to worry
about

     ++the bloke sat next to me in the computer cluster just fell
asleep, he was sort of nodding, i am amused++

           until a couple of miles into the journey we began to slow
down and shortly rolled to a halt at the side of the road. you may
have been in one of the vehicles that passed us, on your way to the
comfort of your own beds, and you may have laughed heartily, as i
would have done. we stayed by the side of the road for some time,
long enough for my boyfriend to walk to a nearby town and back
just because he felt like it. eventually, a man from the aa arrived
and  towed us to the aforementioned town of rye. here we remained,
because the aa could not take us home, and the driver could not get
hold of another minibus. some of you may have seen us at rye train
station as we threw stones at posters of ronan keating to pass the
time.
     the solution to our predicament was for a man in one of those
trucks that can pick up vehicles and his friend in a car to come and
rescue us. i don't know where they came from, or why it took so long,
but arrive they did, and soon we were travelling up the m4 at speed.
    that brings to an end my exciting bowlie breakdown service story,
and it was more dull then i at first thought.
    there is, however another bit; on the way back we stopped at some
services and those of us who were travelling in the trucky thing had
a chat with the people in the car, which came equipped with a radio.
on meeting each other, those in the car rushed up and said 'jill
dando's been murdered' well if stuff wasn't surreal enough to begin
with that just made it. that isn't the sort of news you believe when
told in such a fashion and i had to phone my dad to confirm it.

     phew!! i'm glad thats out of my system, thanks for persevering,
i think i'll leave it there for now.

              stay beautiful, fiona

++++"now more than ever seems it rich to die,
         to cease upon the midnight with no pain"
                just for once i'm too happy for keats, but i can
                            still try to bring myself down++++