Sinister: Actual B&S content! (but you have to scroll down a bit)

Simon Gooch simongooch at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 8 02:04:03 GMT 1999

Hello fruity chums,

 A big Huzzah! for the massive revival of interest in Gregory's Girl in the
last digest,  but has anyone actually *seen* this movie?
      Posters have been up in dirty London town for a good couple of months
now but I've yet to read a single review and no-one I know seems to have the
foggiest when it's due out.  Is this some sort of far-fetched government
conspiracy cover-up to stop the KIDS finding out the TRUTH!? Or has Bill
Forsyth, angered at the damning stance the media took over the spree of
copycat murders perpetrated by gangly boys in blue Marilyn Monroe t-shirts
that followed in the wake of the original Gregory's Girl, pulled a Kubrick
and *gasp* banned his own movie? But somehow very quietly and without
telling anyone about it.
Answers, suggestions and abuse to the usual address...

On a  B&S tip (ing-a-die-a-die-a-waddle-I-die). I think that the new LPs
title should certainly be 'un homage' to The Greatest Scottish Movie Ever
Made (EVER!), seeing as how, in my head, Belle and Sebastian are just the
kids from Gregory's Girl grown up a bit and with better haircuts.   'So I
Should Stop Thinking So Much About Love And Start Thinking More About
Colours' would be a good one, or from the same scene; 'They Don't Do Blue
Coffees Here Madeline, No Style'.  My choice however would be the doomed
attempt at a catchphrase from the older, more worldly-wise, window-cleaner
bloke; 'If I Don't See You Through The Week I'll See You Through A Window,
Eh?' Classic.
  It'll probably end up being called 'That Bird With The Mustache Out Of The
Delgados' if the last record is anything to go by though..tcch!

Does anyone know what songs are up for contention on the next one? 'Lord
Anthony' and 'Paper Boats' presumably and I'd love it if they recorded the
Northern Soulish one that they did at Bowlie (Landslide?) even if it is an
Evie Sands cover, as I seem to remember someone telling me in the pub after.
I also hope that the glamorous, leggy Belle and Sebastianettes backing
singers will be made full use of, maybe in a Spiritualized/gospel choir way?
I can just see Stuart belting out 'Amazing Grace' with a full swell of
angelic harmonies, forty three channels of guitar feedback and weird swooshy
noises behind him. Mmmmm, nice!
   Any information would be gratefully received (especially from Keith as he
always seems to know this stuff). They seemed to be playing new Stevie
Jackson and Stuart D stuff at Bowlie but I don't remember a new Stuart M one
or is my memory playing tricks on me again?

Oh and Steps *are* crap no matter how many levels of post-modern irony you
throw at them. H is *not* attractive unless you have a thing for hamsters
and BWP *is* good *and* scary. OK? sorted, now lets hear no more about it.

StayLuckyRory(in a curiously didactic mood today)xxx

PS Special bonus trainspotter points for anyone who picks up on the 'appy
'ardcore reference at the beginning of the second paragraph. BOOYAKKA!