Sinister: L'Austin Texas

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Mon Nov 8 03:12:12 GMT 1999

Did my computer just send a blank copy of this? If so, I apologize on its
behalf, it's quite eager but sometimes oversteps its bounds..

I once had dreams of walking into Austin and meeting Bob Mould, back when I
was infatuated with him and had dreams about =fucking rock stars=. Well, I
hitchhiked to Austin, Texas yesterday- that is, essentially walked into
Austin- and found out that fucker'd done moved to New York.

Can't see why. Austin is stunning. It makes no sense, being in Texas as it
is. Can't recommend the hostelry too highly, either.

I did get to see his friend Vic Chesnutt, though, play. I was too tanked up
on benzos and slinging marriage proposals to a mother of three to notice.

I love getting lost. It's impossible to do in a tiny place like England.
That's one thing we've got, here, in America, a whole lot of the =middle of
fucking nowhere=.

It's easy to feel exceptional when everything else for miles around is 187
cm shorter than you are.

I'm starting to notice that I'm structuring my paragraphs to resemble
rolling plains. Flat.

I've missed you, all. I was induced to write by our bust-ass List Ill Ma Ma
asking the long-silent onlookers to have another go at a word. I realize why
I've been quiet for so long, because I like talking to individuals, not a
fucking crowd of 1,000-plus. This almost feels like a fucking speech. No?

And I don't have it in me to be mean now. Except about the Cocteau Twins. I
used to think they were so beautiful and majestic and just unearthly until I
realized that the only two lines I could make out in the song "Pearly
Dewdrops' Drops" was "pearly dewdrops drops" and then "all on my face."
That's right, the ethereal wonder twins are singing about blowing a load in
someone's eye. Take that, Joey McIntyre.

Not entirely incidentally, I loved "Being John Malkovich", and so will you,
provided John Cusack keeps you wet like he does me.

Mwah, y'all. By the way, you might hear my spurs a-clackin' into the po'caff
in December, if I can fucking find the place this time. Gonna buy me a
shotgun, long as I am tall,

                                     -Eran

P.S. hitchhiking is dangerous and irresponsible behavior and do not even
fucking think about trying this at home.