Sinister: Transient Random Noise Bursts

richard.connell at xxx.com richard.connell at xxx.com
Mon Nov 8 11:50:14 GMT 1999

Howdy Pardners,

Thought i'd try that heading nonsense that was popular a while back.
Always one step behind the game, me.

STUPID DREAM #2
---------------
I am slightly ashamed to admit i had my first B&S dream last night,
but it wasn't your usual 'dreaming of tea and cupcakes with
stuart/isobel' dream. I dreamt that i was watching a film review
program that was talking about The Acid House. The reviewer said that
the film was excellent but was only let down by the fey and weedy
straming pile of elephant poo of a song by some band called Bill and
His Bastion. Now i am not of the same opinion as my dream reviewer
(probably Barry 'out-of-touch' Norman) as i think it is a brilliant
song that fits the scene it is used in (scotland, depression,
inadequacy, up-the-bum sex, and i think i spotted a cardie too).
Almost as good a song/image juxtaposition (no, i don't know what it
means either, i just read it in one of R McT's reviews of some black
and white foreign film about gay farmers in Utrecht or something) as
the use of Tiny Tears in The Sopranos (the fantastic Channel 4 series
rather than the book but dont get me started on that).

NOW I SEE THE VISION THROUGH YOUR EYES
--------------------------------------
On a slighty less pointless note, i saw Badly Drawn Boy play in
Portsmouth last week. If he is playing near you at any time then i
urge you to see him. You will not get a better nights entertainment
than an evening with him. Not only are his songs works of exquisite
beauty but he is a funny bugger to boot. His between-song banter would
put Eddie Izzard to shame for stream-of-consciousness rambling. But
dont take my word for it, it may have been the vodka. He also had a
madman come out and entertain us between the support band and himself,
as well as giving his dinner to someone when he came out for an
encore. What more could you want.

MARILYN MANSON ATE MY HAMPSTER
------------------------------
My friend who is at Glasgow University went to that thing at the Star
and Garter and spoke to Isobel, Stuart M, Richie Colbourn and Andy
Rourke, who used to be famous. She said they were all thoroughly nice
and she had a great time. Not that interesting but a nice story.

A HYMN TO THE POSTAL SERVICE
----------------------------
A quick message to my friends in the #sinister posse (as i believe the
youth of today call it). My computer is no nearer being fixed so if
anyone would like to donate money, parts, organs, messages of love and
support or just send a quick hello i would appreciate it. That is if
any of you have got this far down the post, and remember who i am.

That's about it for no but i'm sure that as usual when i hit 'send' i
will think of 10 things far more interesting that i could have said
instead of this drivel.

Love and a .45,
Rich/which/hotsexbitch

oh yeah, I remember now...........