Sinister: London-area listers (or those willing to travel)...

Thomas, Ferris Ferris_Thomas at xxx.com
Mon Nov 8 20:26:45 GMT 1999

Hi, all.

This is (I think) my first post to the list though I've been lurking for
quite a while now.  Of course in a standard rude American way I'm going to
start off by asking a wretchedly huge favour that (hopefully) won't tick
anyone off too much.

Anyone who's going to be in or around Notting Hill the first Saturday (the
fourth) of December, who is both outfitted for and willing to do a bit of
bootlegging**, and wanting to do a fella a nice favour....

TREMBLING BLUE STARS (former members of the Northern Picture Library and the
Field Mice for the uninitiated) are playing live.  Anyone who, say, wants to
go see a nice set and maybe record this for me will not only earn my eternal
gratitude but perhaps heaps of money/first borns/<your commodity here>,
should it be required.

Anyone familiar with them knows that the band never (not ever) plays live.
I would come over for the weekend and do it (yep, I'm that stupid) but the
wife and I are already probably going to visit her folks in Shropshire
either on Thanksgiving or Christmas--both of which, as you know, fall
nowhere near the 4th of December.

The show is on Saturday, 4th December, at the Notting Hill Arts Club  (19
Notting Hill Gate) and the set I'm interested in hearing falls at some point
between 4pm and 7pm, though I have no way of knowing when.  Apparently
there's quite a few people playing and (odds are) the band (Bob's the lead
singer's name) may only do a solo show with an acoustic.  There's also a
chance for Harvey Williams to play as well--bonus gifts if you land both
sets.

I've got quite a lot of stuff to trade (some that I'm recording on my own
now) should any of you be swayed by such things though I haven't much Belle
and Sebastian stuff beyond some Tigermilk outtakes and radio shows.
Something may catch the eye, however, so just ask.

I got tipped to this wicked, wicked conundrum by the Shinkansen Records
website located at:

http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~shink/news.htm

Thanks!

-ferris.

** 1.)  If there's a list policy against talking of such things I'm not
aware of it.  2.)  If there's anyone who's desperately opposed to the
recording of bands in concert, feel free to flame away to me personally, but
don't bog down the list with it.  3.)  I don't sell the shows I record or
trade for and only arrange trades for things in kind.  I haven't yet and
never will make money off these things--if anything it's become a bit of a
black hole for my resources.