Sinister: sheep and sex

Honey honey at xxx.net
Tue Nov 9 13:30:35 GMT 1999

Hello,

Looks like it's me again, I always seem to turn up round here in the
end.  /me flops on your sofa for a bit.

Thank you those who have done their little bits to revive the list
after it had its near-fatal heart seizure, and been brave enough to
post thoughtful things in the midst of the raging inferno.  No thanks
to the few who haven't bothered, and just followed the dictates of
their flying egotistical fingers (good name for a band? no), and not
really added to our collective consciousness.  This list seems to be
dividing nicely into sheep and goats.  I can't remember whether we're
supposed to prefer sheep or goats, someone biblical will remind me, but
lets say the sheep CARE because I once knew a sheep called Boris in
Normandy who ate apples out of your hand at the table.  So I'm pleased
to see there are very few goats, if you're following me, and their
numbers might drop a little more in a bit.  I said I would do something
if anyone tried to start up that ridiculous non-debate again, and my
god, there's nothing original in it.  No disrespect for goats.

Just please remember, if you send a mail to the list trying to start up
the debate all over again of who's posting what, criticising others
posts, picking people off with your big penis-shaped gun, you'll be
getting a mail from me.  And the rest of you, please know that although
Mummy gets a little angry, she loves you, especially those who take
more than 5 minutes over what they send to us all.  And those who've
mailed me I'm *still* wading through so don't take my lack of reply as
anything other than being like a squirrel with too many nuts.

I fully expect a mail from Peter Miller (sheep of this parish) about
big penis-shaped guns now, hopefully.

Did I dream or did someone called Spencer Lloyd send a mail a month or
so ago about doing the business in a park and his "colleague" humming
the theme from "Cats - The Musical" as he did?  More of that please
Spencer, it was a delightful treatise on sex, love, music and power in
the 21st Century.  Or was it another list I was on?  How embarrassing.

Has anyone else bought the Magnetic Fields triple, put it on, thought
"ho-hum" and put it in the cupboard, only to find it leap out and whack
you on the back of the head a bit later?  There's something fabulous
about a single piece of work (because I think it is) which is so long
that by the time you've got to the end, you can't remember the
beginning again, and when you get to it you think, "oh yeah THAT" and
like it all over again.  I think it's clever and nice and cosy and
scary and I don't care if bits sound a bit like the Divine Comedy,
Tim.

Oh and thanks for those who've told me that the latest messages page on
the archive site seems to have some messages from January in it.
They're actually from November, and I was the first to give Jeff, who
runs the site, the bad news that it had happened - he's looking at it.
Jeff's doing a wonderful service though, for free, and makes a lot of
people happy, so he gets a big round of applause from me.  A bit like
Spencer.

In lighter news, I'm going to start up a new photo gallery for
Sinister, and see if anyone dares send me anything.  If anyone sends
any, it's going to be called "Squishy Bits", or "Gimme Some Skin" or
something, and what you have to do is send me a close-up of a part of
your body, in focus or not, and I'll put them up on the page.  If any
particular theme starts to dominate, I might call it "Breasts and
Penises".  If I get enough bits to make up a person, I might turn list
management over to it.

Oh and Katrina's just sent me another B&S diary.  To follow.

Unless you can anonymize your mail yourself (you can and it's most
acceptable), it's likely I will know whose bit is whose, but you can
always start a new hotmail account and send it me from there if you're
shy.  I promise that I won't ever divulge who owns what, and your bits
will be labelled like in a morgue.  This ain't no list crush.  But
please don't send me stupid cuttings out of Freeman catalogues (say)
because if I find people cheating I'll go in a sulk and close it down -
genuine you-bits please, I won't be accepting "funnies".  I'm hoping
Peter sends me a picture of his big penis-shaped gun though.  Brings a
different perspective on "put a bit of you in your posts to the list".

I like sheep.
Honey xxx