Sinister: You like Belle and Sebastian too?...Cool! Ow!

Lana622 at xxx.com Lana622 at xxx.com
Tue Nov 9 14:51:03 GMT 1999

Hey there,
    Wow!  It's been a long time since I posted (waiting for someone to
acknowledge her absence)

(still waiting)

Well, anyway...I'm back, and I'm not going to ask a stupid B+S question that
everyone else asks like I used to.  I'll tell you a humiliating story about
B+S instead.  I've been at college since August now (Carnegie Mellon
University, if you want to know) and I have not seen *one* person with Belle
and Sebastian badges on their bookbags or person. It's been quite upsetting.
But I was walking out of bio class on Friday and ran into a guy I knew who
was talking to his roomate.  He stared in shock at my bag, and then said
"josh, josh, she's got the pins!"  It took me a second to discern that "the
pins" wasn't some disfiguring facial abnormality, but when I saw josh eagerly
showing me his bag (which had all nine badges on it) I quickly figured out
what he was referring to.

    Well, to make a long story short, neither one of us had ever met anyone
else on campus who like Belle and Sebastian, let alone someone who would put
badges on their backpack.  So everything's just going really great, and I'm
walking and talking very enthusiastically to this (awfully cute) guy who
likes my favorite band in the entire world, and I just get the words "what's
your favorite album?" out before I walk right into a pole.

Oh, the shame.

    Being the nice guy that he is, he didn't laugh...his eyes just wrinkled
up in a show of (hopefully not fake) concern, and he said "are you all
right?"  And I had to say that yes, I was, and it would have been all right
if some jerk behind me hadn't yelled out at the top of his voice "DID YOU
JUST RUN INTO A POLE?" ha ha...very funny.  Possibly the most embarassing
thing that's ever happened to me, and it was B+S related.  Nobody on this
list can probably relate, but hopefully you can all either feel  bad for me
or laugh at me behind your hands.  I think Jen (the owly girl) and I should
start up a Belle and Sebastian related injury club.

  Wow, I'm even laughing at myself now.  That felt healthy.  Oh, and one more
thing...even though I ran into a pole while I was talking to him, josh lent
me the amazing dog on wheels single.  Does anyone else think that the first
guitar riffs off of track 3 are exactly the same as that offspring song "the
kids aren't all right"?  Does anyone even *know* that song?  Okay, just
checking.

Watch out for poles,
    Laine