Sinister: The Postman Always Rims Twice

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Nov 9 19:00:44 GMT 1999

I'm sure I speak for hundreds of thousands of listees when I say that
Blake will be most fondly remembered for his enormous contributions to
the huge pile of 70s WHO content that has graced the list over the
years. Let's hope that LIFEHOUSE project finally comes to fruition, eh
Blake?

I've seen a film called SLAM. Is this what Friday nights down the Po
Caff are like? I thought it was a terrible film. I much prefer Rufus
Thomas in WATTSTAX: THE LIVING WORD. He makes up little poems to get
funky chicken pitch invaders off the field, and it works. And it's
funny too, SLAM isn't very funny. To be honest it's not bad at all,
just not as good as I was expecting. A bit po-faced.

Someone was talking about the shocking prices to get books sent from
Britain to America. You should be able to order via USA Amazon, thus
saving on postage. I once ordered an American book from the British
one. I felt like I'd really achieved something. I don't think you'll
be able to get it sent for less anyway. You can get your own back
later by ordering something really massive that costs a bomb to send.
That's my theory anyway. It's a bit sad really. I'm on page 281 of THE
MITROKHIN ARCHIVE. I think it's all made up. I'm also thinking of
becoming a spy. I'm going to start by defecting to the BPI and telling
them everything I know.

Last week, I wrote:

and who can honestly say that they haven't had a good chug
about Ally McBeal?

Less than an hour later, Trousers wrote:

PS: Mr Miller, I'll get back to you on Monday, if that's ok?

Hmmm. I thought that was really funny over the weekend, but in the
cold light of day it seems plainly obvious that Trousers wasn't
referring to Ally McBeal fuelled masturbation at all. Still, it's the
thought that counts. Another thing that seemed really funny over the
weekend was the thought of George W. Bush being asked to name the
leader of the Belle and Sebastian mailing list:

"Yeah, the mummy. That's the guy, the mummy."
"And his name?"
"The mummy's name?"
"Yes."
"Mummy."

Well, I thought it was funny anyway.

Ms Playforth, why don't you ask Shirley Bassey to lend you that dress
she wore to the rugby on Saturday? It's bound to do the trick. And
make it clear that, unlike some, you don't pop your cork for every man
you meet. You should definitely go, someone might give you a job. It's
all wheels within wheels.

I know this message's over, and it never really began.

Sister Disco