Sinister: Ix-Nay on the Ew-Llay

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Thu Nov 11 04:42:27 GMT 1999

After years of wondering whether or not North Dakota actually exists, I
discovered the answer on Monday evening. Yes. I, Laura Llew, have been to
all 48 of the states in the Continental US - including the elusive Dakotas.
I didn't announce that I was journeying to the North beforehand because I
didn't want to alert any governmental officials that someone was on to their
little conspiracy of North Dakota not actually existing. (That and the fact
that no one visits the Dakotas on a whim anytime but especially not in the
middle of November. And my doing so will only cement the theory that many
have that I'm a Phreak.) Anyway, I went and it was very.. mmm.. flat. I
didn't see any people that at all. Then again, I didn't dare venture to any
of the thriving metropolises there.. like Fargo. South Dakota did have the
most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. It can boast that much. Overall, it
was a wondrous trip indeed. I'm quite enjoying the idea of being a vagabond
(notice I didn't use the word tramp. hehe). I think it suits my personality
(or lack thereof) for the most part...

Of course, I come back to find that my Beloved Blake Hamilton has finally
carried through with his threats and unsubbed from the list. Thus, breaking
what little heart I had. I really did try to persuade him not to do it but
I'm afraid my powers of persuasion aren't what they used to be. People used
to listen to me! Sure, I had a gun in my hand and was giving simple
directions like telling them to put smaller unmarked bills into the paper
bag. The point is that they listened!
Well, I guess that once again I am abandoned into being the only list member
in the Carolinas. *Sniff sniff*  I tell you, Carolina boys cannot be
trusted...

Speaking of list members who dwell nearby. The SINISTER US/CANADA DIRECTORY
(that was in true George Dickie style) is coming along quite nicely. Yes,
you might have noticed the added Canada. After quite an exhaustingly lengthy
discussion and debate with Bradley about whether to add Canada or not, we
decided to. (The highlights. Me:"Do you want to add Canada in our
directory?" Brad: "Uh, yeah sure." Thought provoking to be sure.) Being the
generous kind hearted lass that I am, I also decided that I would also
include any of those list members who are dwelling in Antarctica in our
Directory. I know, I know - it will require a lot more work and dedication
but I think I owe it to all those penguins who like to groove to the musical
delights of belle and sebastian. Anything I can do to appease the animal
population, we all saw what happened when the squirrels got disgruntled. And
they don't even have access to large quantities of ice. *shivers* Imagine
the possibilities (but only if you sleep with a night light). But, I
digress. My point is that anyone in the United States or Canada or
Antarctica can send the following information to InCorduroy at yahoo.com to get
added in the List Directory. Just include your
Name:
E-Mail Address:
Age:
Location (City and State/Province):
Where you're originally from (if relevant):
Occupation/School (if desired):
Interests (again this is optional):

All of this information will be compiled into a nice little list which will
be posted on the world wide web (world wide includes Antarctica too, ya
know) - courtesy of Bradley. I'll let you know as soon as we get that up. I
would like to thank everyone who has participated so far (about 40) and
appreciate y'all taking the time to do so.

Well, I have spent the majority of the day on the road and my thinking
skills have been numbed considerably. Please forgive this haphazard post. It
isn't quite up to par. Then again, neither am I.

The day isn't the only thing far spent...

Laura
'meeting all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'