Sinister: Makeup/london show/B&S soundtrack happiness.

kevin parker francis69soul at xxx.com
Thu Nov 11 06:27:27 GMT 1999

This is not going to be Mawkish OK!!!!Make up bit at
the end!!
This is my second post, i am quite lazy although I
read all your stuff. anyway I had this great B&S
moment last week.You see I have a teenage sister with
Downs syndrome and i have watched her grow up and i
often wondered what her teenage years would be like
you know boyfriends pop music fashion disasters that
kind of thing, or would it be different for obvious
reasons well i have been out here in Tokyo for the
best part of a year now and i really miss her
aespecially as teenagers grow up so fast etc etc.
Anyway i gave her a call and she told me she had "Big
News" and she told me all about her first boyfriend
who is a Downs boy called Jamie and how happy she was
well her vocabulary is a little limited so my mother
helped her out. Anyway I have always wanted her to
have as normal, whatever the fuck that is, life as
possible and so i had this double realisation that she
may go through all the things that make the rest of us
who we are and that she is growing up etc. Anyway so
all this was pretty moving and i was on the train
going back to my apartment with rather moist eyes
because i was so happy for her, but also I was a
little bit upset because I am no longer the most
important male in her life, which is a good thing but
a little difficult to deal with at first, and i put my
walkman on and i had forgotten what i was listening to
before and it was " TIGERMILK" well to be specific " I
Dont love anyone " and there was that line about "
except maybe my sister...maybe my baby brother too"
and I thought what a self involved twat I am sometimes
thinking about the mess I make of relationships and
that love doesnt exist its a "finely tuned jealousy"
or whatever, sometimes a little naivity really does
help put things in perspective. Well sorry Richey or
Nicky whichever of you wrote that, but the tone of my
sisters voice convinced me that its out there even if
it keeps passing you by. Is this making any kind of
sense???? Anyway so B&S soundtracked one of my lifes
great moments of realisation, sorry i cant be more
prosaic about it.
I am going to be in the UK for the first time in a
while over the next two weeks actually from nov18 to
dec4 so I was excited to see marine research and make
up playing at ULU, or whatever its called now. If
anyone is going and wants to meet up please email me
off site I hate going to gigs on my own!!
Kevin.
"what a junction a mans thought is"
Charles Dickens.

=====