Sinister: stereolab

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Thu Nov 11 14:54:30 GMT 1999

In a message dated 11/10/99 5:39:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
steven.kado at utoronto.ca writes:

<< i also personally manufacture all your personal electronics.   >>

Steve, i know you must be busy, but something's wrong with my stereo, and i'd
like you to take a look at it.

<<The thing was that the main track
was an S Club 7 (cheesy manufactured boy/girl band) remix of Paper Boat.
even worse was the fact that I thought it was really good and started
dancing to it.>>

    actually, your dream appears to be prophetic. I was searching the web
this morning and on the Belle and Sebastian website, in the band diary
portion, Stu D wrote

            << working on the new album with a new producer. wee karn says
he's of the devil, but i find him strangly fascinating. The character
"Reverand Humphrey" in Nalda Said is based on him. He's familar with dance
records and all that sort of thing, and he assures us that this record will
be just the thing we've been needing to get into the pop charts. wee karn
said that perhaps our fans wouldn't like a pop dance records, but then isobel
threatened to scratch out her eyes if she interfered, so she went home and
laid down with a wet washcloth over her eyes. I tried to stay in the
background>>>

    I found this very disturbing. can anyone shed some light on the matter?**

Is anyone going to see stereolab tonight at the ritz in raleigh? I'll be in
the study at stow shirt...

**ok, ok, it's a complete fabrication.

dave (the lunar mensch)