Sinister: Cool Baby

Curtis Heath sadandsentimental at xxx.com
Thu Nov 11 16:21:42 GMT 1999

this is a true story

One evening, when I was just an infant, we welcomed an interesting guest into our house. You see, my parents were once "scenesters" and would've been "rockstars" if it weren't for the drugs.
   This particular night, My father was forced into the forest by one of his ex-hippy friends who had concocted what seemed to be a brilliant plan to catch loads of trout by the moonlight. My mother stayed in town to catch Iggy and the Stooges with her girlfriend... And CATCH him they did. Iggy came home with my mom after the show to do whatever rockstars do.
    "Cool bungalow," Iggy said as he entered my house. "Where's your old man?" "Trout fishing." my mom said. "Cool," said Iggy. She took him to my crib where I had been sleeping. "Cool baby," he said. Can you believe that? Iggy Pop said I was a Cool Baby!
    Anyway... After doing whatever rockstars do, Iggy went through all my dad's thousands of records and selected just three. He put them in his bag and left.
    A few hours later, my dad came home from his fishing trip to find my mother in her usual post-concert condition. Upon hearing her story, my father exploded! He was filled with jealous anger. He grabbed his hippy friend and cried, "Why!?  Why!?  Why did you think fishing by moonlight would make us catch more fish? We could've met Iggy fucking Pop! The fish don't care what fucking time it is!" My dad ran over to his record collection and started sorting them in a frustrated manner.
    He sat there 'til sunrise... 'til he found what he had been looking for. Three albums were missing. Many years earlier, my grandfather gave my father three of his favorite old Big Band records to listen to, and my father had never returned them.
     Dad's record collection was, and still is very impressive. He simply has EVERYTHING. And all Iggy Pop wanted were my grandfather's BigBand records. Hmmm....
      So that's my legacy...