Sinister: belle and sebastian? gothic?

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Fri Nov 12 04:07:02 GMT 1999

i feel like a dork posting this to the list, but i'm a dumbass and erased
the message about belle and sebastian being listed as gothic on the UBL,
and since the post hadn't hit the archives yet when i discovered this
person's error, and figured that others of you may also want to read this,
here it is.
i checked the UBL about that whole gothic listing thing.
i think what the person who noted this failed to recognize was that there's
two belle and sebastian listings.
more concretely, there's a listing for "belle and sebastian" and another
for "Belle & Sebastian."
the listing for belle and sebastian is indeed listed as gothic, and they
are signed to 4AD and have no websites.
however, for Belle & Sebastian, they are categorized as folk, and some the
loverly webpages for our beloved B&S are listed there.
so, basically, there's more than one belle and sebastian in the world, and
one of them is gothic.
makes me want to order some of this strange gothic belle and sebastian's
albums.
it also makes me wonder why there hasn't been any legal nonsense about it,
especially since they're signed to a "real" label, not just making CDs in
their garage or something.
okay, so i suppose they could be making CDs in their garage. still, it's weird.

-kerry