Sinister: and we all get in the bath...

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Fri Nov 12 04:39:07 GMT 1999

good evening, ovejas.  er, sheep.

for some reason "oveja" used to be our favorite word
in spanish.  also, we sang some song in choir that had
the line "oh we, like sheep, have gone astray..."  but
when sung, there was no pause between "we" and "like,"
and there Was a pause after "sheep," so it sounded
like we sang "oh we like sheep" and were done with it.
 oh dear.

so i always have the dirtiest thoughts about that line
about the bath in "string bean jean."  jo is a girl,
but is phil' a boy or a girl named phillis?  hmmm...
either way, stuart in a bathtub with 2 other people...
not only would they Not fit comfortably (and i don't
care How cute and pixie-like he is), which means
they'd be quite on top of each other, but clearly
they'd not be dressed, unless they're Really saving on
leccy bills
by washing their clothes while taking a bath. whenever
people dismiss b&s as cute and simple and even cheesy,
i point out choice lyrics like this one.

but speaking of washing, and i sort of was, i had a
case of "b&s in an unusual place" (get yr minds out
the gutter, kids) the other day... i took my car to
get it washed, which is a rare luxury, but since i'd
already
gotten the oil changed and filled it with gas, i
figured, eh, okay, i'll blow $7 on a wash.  i was
alone and IYFS was in the tape deck, and i got to ride
through the automatic carwash while "me and the major"
played.  as the soap swirled on my windows, stuart
sang "the snow is falling falling falling
falling....."   i kept giggling and looking around to
make sure no one caught me, but then i'd remember i
was all alone and No One could see me... so i laughed
right out loud.  speaking of carwashes, have you ever
made out in one?  it's good fun...

my favorite b&s moment depends on whether or not i've
got the lyrics right on "expectations," because during
the last chorus or whatever, it sounds like he sings
"now you're cool and you know" right before "you're a
star ... etc etc."  if that's true, than that's my
favorite.  if not, then it's the word "lovers" in "get
me away from here i'm dying."  it's that rhotic "r"...
gets me every time.

i can never get through all of george dickie's posts
because i cower under the sheer force of them and end
up deleting.

i'm with lauren on romance.  "i want all that stupid
old shit, like letters and sodas" (-liz phair).  i
want to be taken Out, damnit.

don't knock this gothic b&s stuff.  i've got three
words for y'all: struan in fishnets.

that'll be all.
xoxo,
marie

"to me she was just marie."  -mersault.

"i hasten to tell you what little i presume to know
 about his flights, his heat, his incredible heart."
                                             -b. glass