Sinister: romance is for suckers

Johan Nilsson i_love_moon at xxx.com
Fri Nov 12 23:58:29 GMT 1999

I went to have coffee with my ex girlfriend today. I want to kill any sense of evil spirits between the two of us. Because of various reasons we will never hook up again, well not in a near future anyhow. This is not because I don't love her, I'm still in madly in love with her, even though I was the one who pulled the plug. But I don't wanna go into that. I want to remember the good times we had. Question, when you are going home from being with your boyfriend/girlfriend, can you walk propertly? I never could. I would just walk in a way that was a mixture between dancing and walking and when I think about it, the fact that I am actually not walking normally, well it just makes me walk even less normal. I guess when you are so happy, that you can not walk propertly, then you're in love. My ex lives outside the city so we always have to take the bus. Between my house and the bus stop there is a tiny forest. No, well forest is a dumb word, the trees are tiny and it is just a tiny area. But at night it gets really dark and well, I don't like walking there at night, but it's a big short cut so I do. To make myself feel better, as most times I am in the state of walking/dancing because I just got back from my girlfriends house or just followed her to the bus, I will sing. It is not as dumb as it sounds. It is not like someone will actually hear you because the chance of running into someone there is so slim that, well it is not worth concidering. So I sing. I got a horrible voice. Well I can't go into very high notes. But somehow Belle & Sebastian fits just lovely, they are somehow easily sung. Most of the time I sing "Judy And The Dream Of Horses" or "Dog On Wheels". This however makes me walk even less normal. But you know, if I am really going to make a fool out of myself, why not go all the way?

Bertrand wrote how he loves winter in Stockholm. I spent last winter in Stockholm, it was by far the coldest winter I have ever experienced in my life, and I am not talking about how it was constantly -10 degrees outside. Stockholm is one of the coldest cities I know of, when it comes to people. If you don't know anyone in Stockholm, no one will ever start talking to you. I could never live in Stockholm and that is not because I grew up in an anti-Stockholm society, it is just because I could never survive another lonely winter there, it would kill me. But I love winter. I love Christmas. I love snow. I love wearing mittens. I love wearing long underwear. I love coming home from work freezing so much I can't feel my legs and make myself a cup of hot coco. I love Christmas lights. I love making snow angles with my little sister. I love winter.

*huggies*

Johan