Sinister: Beat Room Exposed!

robhalcrow at xxx.net robhalcrow at xxx.net
Sat Nov 13 09:56:49 GMT 1999

Mmmmmmm
    I managed to catch a repeat of the Beat Room last night and there he was .....Stuart Murdoch  (with Bill Wells on piano). He did indeed sing Bewitched and Skylark and a very good job he did too. I wouldn't fancy all those chromatic shifts and death defying leaps, and Old Bill seemed to be trying to put him off. "Just bang out the tune, mate"  ... well, that's what I would've said. No goatee (or sheepee) beards in sight, and no Duglas Stewart either. I half expected David Jacobs to pipe up with "Hallo there" and start on about "our kind of music" but he didn't. There was also one Michael Shelley doing something like "My Girlfriend's Got The Right Hump", notable for  featuring a certain Beans on keyboard and Stevie Jackson on bass. Other appearances included Hefner, The High Fidelity and The Starlets. I hope all you Glaswegian Sinister types take advantage of all this right on your doorstep (wags finger in admonishing way), and finally, footie fans, let's make sure we all st!
!
!
ay friends during the next 5 days, eh? I'm torn by virtue of being English yet seeing pundit Kelly Dalglish in a Scotland shirt this morning........

Yours
Rob

PS 2 Picturebox songs now on Ear Confection at http://www.send.demon.co.uk/beagle.html